Is this song ready to be submitted? Need your help...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jmkSlyder
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Is this song ready to be submitted? Need your help...

Post by jmkSlyder » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Hey Everybody!
This is my first time on peer to peer and I would really appreciate any input you guys could give me. Please give a listen to my song "Rain Dancing" at http://taxi.com/jmkslyder and let me know your comments or thoughts on whether you feel it is ready to submit to the listing below:

ACOUSTIC-BASED SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed for NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placements on an MTV Reality TV Show. Please submit original, well-structured, Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs in the general stylistic wheelhouse of acts like Howie Day, Five For Fighting, Tristan Prettyman, etc., etc., etc. Quoting the source: "The show runs an wide emotional spectrum, and this will be for the more touching moments in the show. Lyrics are open as long as they're broad enough." Give them well-crafted songs with memorable melodies, great hooks, and a relatable chorus that has tons of emotional pull. You'd be wise to stick to organic instrumentation, avoiding anything that sounds stiff, synthetic, or MIDI-driven. Acoustic piano or guitars with a tasteful light ensemble would most likely be best for this pitch. Your vocal performance should be heartfelt, solid, and in the general ballpark of the references. He's NOT looking for stuff that sounds just like the referenced artists. Lyric themes can vary, but please make sure your lyrics are universal, and could work well for a variety of scenes and storylines. Please avoid specific names, places, dates, times, and brands. Easy edit points and buttoned endings are recommended. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced acts in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). This is a NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor pitch. All deals will be made on a case-by-case basis. You must own or control the Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Friday, July 3, 2015. TAXI #S150703SS

Submit to this listing TAXI # S150703SS

Thanks for your help!

John Michael Karnatz

mikemichnya
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Is this song ready to be submitted? Need your help...

Post by mikemichnya » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Hey John,

Welcome! Sorry I didn't see this in time to give you feedback before the deadline. I hope you took a stab and pitched it anyway. I can't give you any mix feedback, but my impressions, for what they're worth...

I like the intro, and I thought your guitar work was pretty solid...

It has that singer-songwriter feel... reminded me of Arlo Guthrie for some reason. :?:

There are some lines that could be stronger ("I think it was just the other day" for example), but without the lyrics to read, it's hard to be more specific...

I'm not sure that I agree w/"Rain Dancing" as your title. The high point of the chorus seemed to be "Why don't we do that again" and that felt more like the hook IMHO... Consider repeating it, instead of going back to the "and just dance in the rain"...

The bridge felt a little long for such a different feel (I'm not sure whether it fits). I wonder if you might not consider shortening by half...

Hope this helps! I'll be curious to hear what you decide to do with it. :)
Best regards,

Michael (Amoriello) Michnya

Like Robbie Robertson sang, "take what you need and leave the rest."

https://soundcloud.com/mamichnya-1
https://www.taxi.com/members/mikeamoriello

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:42 pm

John,

Reading through the listing, I was going to say "submit it". I hope you did. If you did, I hope you get a forward.

Bob P.

jmkSlyder
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jmkSlyder » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:21 am

Michael and Bob,

Thanks for listening and for your input/comments. FYI...I did wind up submitting it to the above listing so hopefully it will get passed through.

Thanks again!

John Michael Karnatz