timing of review/critiques?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

instantminstrel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

timing of review/critiques?

Post by instantminstrel » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:38 pm

I have been noticing that my critiques are taking quite a bit of time lately - usually beyond the 30 day stated on the submission page. I'm just wondering has anybody noticed if there is a trend that perhaps 'forwards' are responded to any differently than returns? Or are they all replied to in the order that they are listened to? Just wondering.
Thanks.
Dave

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: timing of review/critiques?

Post by TerrellBurt » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:59 am

I believe everyone's critique takes time, even my own. TAXI has roughly 10,000 members so the submission volume is probably insane. Keep writing and making the best possible music you can. Use the time you're waiting to build your catalog with more music. It'll pay off eventually. As the mantra goes "Write, submit, forget, repeat!"

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: timing of review/critiques?

Post by Casey H » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:08 am

Yes, I've noticed that sometimes it takes longer to get back reviews. It can be because they are waiting for a particular screener or even the listing client themselves to do the review.

However, there is no relationship between forward vs. return and when you get your review. Reviews all go out at the same time when all submissions have been reviewed.

:) Casey