Rock Songwriter Looking to Collab w/ SINGER/Songwriter(s)

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Killersongz

Rock Songwriter Looking to Collab w/ SINGER/Songwriter(s)

Post by Killersongz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Hello fellow songsmiths!

My name is Ron and I am new to TAXI. I figured I would start off by asking if there are any SINGER/SONGWRITERS who would be down for collaborating with me on any number of my song "ideas"?

Although I feel I am pretty good at coming up with vocal melodies, I am HORRIBLE at writing lyrics!!! They always sound like a bad Dr. Seuss rhyme. :shock:

I have over 100+ ideas and try to write/record an idea every day. The reason I call them ideas is because they're generally semi-produced, 2 minute+ intro/verse/chorus/etc. sound clips. I've written enough in the past to know that things change. I am willing to change any/all of a song for the good. If it means scrapping an entire idea for a bridge riff, so be it. Nothing's written in stone at this point.

I know I really shouldn't limit myself but my strength is in rock songwriting. I've been told my ideas sound along the lines of Journey/Def Leppard/Foo Fighters which is odd because I really don't listen to those bands. What started out as a hobby has turned into an obsession and I'd really like to work with other professionals who share the same passion as I do. I'm in it for the long haul and have thick skin. I am open to suggestions, criticism, encouragement, you name it. I just want to be the best I can be and would love feedback as I move along in the process. My music can be heard here: https://soundcloud.com/y-town-rocks

Thank you so much for reading this and I hope to hear from you soon!

Ron Williams
rwilliamsIgnOne@outlook.com
(330) 719-9662

patmac
Active
Active

Re: Rock Songwriter Looking to Collab w/ SINGER/Songwriter(s

Post by patmac » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:37 am

Hey Ron

I'm a lyricist and all I need is a basic rhythm and groove and I can put words to just about any style. What is your ultimate goal? always happy to put in and experiment.

How can I listen to some of your instrumentals?

patmac

Killersongz

Post by Killersongz » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:24 pm

You absolutely may listen to my music here:

https://soundcloud.com/y-town-rocks

PENKSLYRICS
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by PENKSLYRICS » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm a lyricist who can provide lyrics for music to be composed to. So if you can work that way, let me know and we can exchange ideas.

Cheers, Roger

IngridElkner

Post by IngridElkner » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi Ron,

Your stuff sounds great! Oh how lovely it is to hear non-Midi guitars... I especially dig the more modern, Foo-like tracks.

My name is Ingrid and I'm a songwriter and singer from Melbourne, Australia. I'm also a screenwriter, with diplomas in writing & editing and screenwriting.
I've written lyrics and toplines for other artists quite a few times, and I enjoy the challenge. I think one of my favourite parts is when I stop thinking in words and lock onto a story to tell that the music feels like the perfect vehicle for.

This is a link to my old acoustic duo where I used to topline the songs my guitarist sent me: https://myspace.com/driftwoodmusicau

This is a link to my more recent music. The fragments only have filler lyrics though, so they're not to be viewed as finished beasts! They're more to give you a sense of... me... I guess: https://soundcloud.com/ingridelkner

If you'd like to discuss collaboration, email me: ingrid.elkner@gmail.com

Cheers!

-ingrid-