Normalization...... and Reverb... and other things

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Normalization...... and Reverb... and other things

Post by eeoo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Also Tim, to be clear, you're using your verb on it's own send and bussing tracks to it? As opposed to using separate verbs as inserts on each track?

TimWalter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TimWalter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:31 am

Thanks so much Andy for the detailed reply. I will print it off and absorb every word. And your memory is sharp, I am with Studio One still. There are a lot of reverbs in Studio one. I guess I kind of assumed that UAD stuff would be higher quality, but that isnt neccessarily so. I agree looking at all the options is worthwhile.

eeoo, thanks for posting. Yes I am using effects send, sending tracks to the effects send, with the reverb effect set for 100% wet. Thanks for asking and confirming.

Best regards,
Tim
Tim Wolf
Nashville

"Nashville-based Romantic Rebel singer-songwriter making alternative songs for those who need a second chance"

www.thetimwolf.com

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:09 am

Ha quality......
Yep I can make anything of any price sound bad - going the other way is more difficult!

The only thing that you might find about expensive plugins - they might have more "character" straight off. Sometimes that is exactly what you want to hear. But sometimes you don't want a gold handled hammer, you just want a hammer. It just takes time.