Unexpected & Welcome Info at Road Rally, + Grand Prize!

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MichaelBaldwin

Unexpected & Welcome Info at Road Rally, + Grand Prize!

Post by MichaelBaldwin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 am

I have to say that this year's TAXI Road Rally was perhaps the most insightful I've attended, and I'm so thankful for TAXI.

Michael, your initial comments about how to be successful in TAXI this year were FANTASTIC and directly on point, following Jason's great opening comments.

Even though I've been a TAXI member for just over 9 years (this was Road Rally #9 for me), I've been studying and honing my "chops" to assure I get submissions and placements. I've sat near Michael for many years, so I get a good view and can hear everything well, but this year there was a notable difference.

I've always thought, "Hey, I'd really like to win that $500 cash award." Every year I attend, and usually the numbers pulled are far away from mine.

This year, Michael called me up to draw a number from the box for the Grand Prize. We joked briefly about what it I pulled my number. After probably 6-7 numbers being pulled where members weren't present, I pulled my number! Michael asked me three times, "Really?!?" :o

I couldn't believe it, I almost still can't. :mrgreen:

With all of the knowledge I've gained from TAXI and the Road Rallys, I feel this next year is truly going to be the year my music takes off, and I'm so energized and excited.

Thank you, Michael, and to the entire TAXI staff and all of the sponsors. Without all of the contributions and energy, songwriters' dreams might not be as likely to be fulfilled.

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Unexpected & Welcome Info at Road Rally, + Grand Prize!

Post by mojobone » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Congrats on the big win, and also your door prize! :D :D 8-)
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

ExcelMusicStudio
Active
Active

Re: Unexpected & Welcome Info at Road Rally, + Grand Prize!

Post by ExcelMusicStudio » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:39 pm

serendipitous... not just lucky