Screener 226 - good job

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

terry93004
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Screener 226 - good job

Post by terry93004 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:24 am

I felt good about the 3 submissions I made to a traditional blues listing (shown below). They all got knocked back and as much as I feel the pain of the returns I have to say the screener was on the money with the comments. You learn a lot from constructive criticism. I was grateful the person took the time to say what they did. Hopefully, it will be more on target next time around.
Terry

U151208BC

BLUES INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a great Music Library with a really impressive list of great placements in both Film and TV. They’re looking for authentic sounding Cues in All-Tempos that could be found on the same playlist as artists like B.B. King, Robert Cray, John Lee Hooker, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the following references to get in the general wheelhouse of what they’re looking for: “The Thrill Is Gone” by B.B. King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oica5jG7FpU “Won’t Be Coming Home” by Robert Cray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98KtkxkKHXY “I Can’t Quit You Babe” by John Lee Hooker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTNJ_5IDX4 Quoting the source: “We are looking for music for our ‘Blues’ library album. Instrumental Cues at least 2 minutes in length. The music should be straight down the line, traditional examples of this genre. We are ideally looking for authentic sounding recordings that sound like a real artist or band, as opposed to ‘library-ish’ sounding Cues. Sample library instruments are okay, if used in moderation and done exceptionally well: bad or unconvincing MIDI sounds that sound like they’re replicating live instruments won’t work for us.” Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch. Please submit well-crafted Instrumental Cues that have a real deal Blues sound and vibe, with believable instrumentation, played really well. Keep your Cues interesting adding and subtracting various elements as your Cue builds and progresses. Please avoid anything overly busy or frenetic, as that could distract from a scene’s dialog. Your Cues should be at least 2 minutes long, with easy edit points and natural, non-faded, buttoned endings will work best. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artist or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine). This company offers an EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal on performance royalties, and an 80/20 split in the Writer’s favor for any applicable download fees by clients from their Library! Please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. You’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Tuesday, December 8th, 2015. TAXI #U151208BC

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Screener 226 - good job

Post by ComposerLDG » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:02 am

You are absolutely right, Terry. One good constructive critique is well worth the membership fee alone. I've gotten some great advice from screeners on both returns and forwards.
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram