Is this rough mix good enough quality for this listing?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DooWahDiddy
Impressive
Impressive

Is this rough mix good enough quality for this listing?

Post by DooWahDiddy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Okay, so I have a new song I'm really proud of, but I just recorded it today and the final mix/master won't be ready until next Tuesday. But there's a listing it would be perfect for that expires in two days! Can anyone take a quick listen and let me know if you think it's at a good enough point to submit, or if I should just be patient and wait for other listings after I mix/master it? Thanks!

The song is called "Returning the Favor", on my Taxi page (again, just a rough edit/mix, not putting it out in public yet), and the listing is this one:

ADULT CONTEMPORARY SONGS with Female Vocals and Crossover Appeal are needed by a Major Record Label for a Legendary, Multi-Platinum MEGASTAR artist working on a brand new record. They’re looking really hard to find excellent, Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs that would appeal to the fans of artists like:

Adele

Emeli Sande

Mariah Carey

Jennifer Hudson

Quoting the source: “Looking for Mid-Tempo and Down-Tempo Adult Contemporary Songs. Songs need to have a strong and clever top-line that resonates with mature and younger audiences alike. Fresh Pop Crossover-driven melodic ideas. Songs should be lyrically fresh with current, relevant concepts. Looking for songs that would give Adele and Sam Smith a run for their money!”

Please submit well-structured, commercially appealing songs with hit-level melodies and super-memorable chorus that has a big emotional payoff. Lyric themes should be appropriate for the Adult Contemporary Market. Your production and recording quality should be competitive enough to get this legendary artist and her team interested in your song, although it’s likely they’ll be cutting a new version. Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Label and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Wednesday, February 17th, 2016. TAXI #S160217AC

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Is this rough mix good enough quality for this listing?

Post by lesmac » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:11 am

Great song.

I'd submit it.

DooWahDiddy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DooWahDiddy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Thanks! I think I'll go ahead and submit it. :)

madkeys88
Impressive
Impressive

Post by madkeys88 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Very nice... I like the song. I'd submit it for sure. No, the mix isn't perfect, but it's definitely worthy of submitting. Good luck!