Back to Back Placements!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Back to Back Placements!

Post by TerrellBurt » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:27 pm

On Thursday afternoon, a music supervisor e-mailed me asking if he can use my song "Visions of a Future" (https://soundcloud.com/tlburt17/visions-of-a-future) in an upcoming Season 2 episode of Between, a Canadian Sci-Fi drama on City and Netflix. I'm not exactly sure which episode it'll air in, but I signed off on the paperwork today so it's official! Season 2 will hit Netflix around May or June of this year from what I've been reading online.

On Friday afternoon, a publisher informed me that "B U NIQ" (https://soundcloud.com/tlburt17/b-u-niq) was placed on the March 9th episode of CBS TV show CSI: Cyber. I watched the episode online and about fourteen seconds of the instrumental was used in the background of something called the "Gossip News Entertainment segment."

Thanks once again to the kind folks at TAXI for helping me get my music placed! This place really is a community of like-minded individuals who not only want to succeed, but want their peers to succeed as well. I'm no different than anybody. I record my music on a five-year-old Macbook Pro with a $250 microphone/interface. If I can do it, so can you!

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Back to Back Placements!

Post by ComposerLDG » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:31 am

Wow Terrell, that's fantastic! Congratulations, and thanks for the inspiration!
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

megeath
Impressive
Impressive

Post by megeath » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:18 am

Very exciting, and I enjoyed your music. Whoop Whoop!
Megeath (meg-AY-eth)
Songwriter/Composer/Indie Artist
http://www.megeathsmusic.com

'Success is a Journey, not a Destination'

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:12 am

Awesome, Terrell! Congrats :D
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:41 pm

Thanks guys!!

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:52 pm

My man T! This is so great, dude!!! HUGE congrats. You're on the move now. Watch that snowball start to roll downhill now that the momentum is building. When I see you in November, you'll have all sorts of placements and credits to your name. Keep grinding, my friend.

~~Matt

LyricsMatter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by LyricsMatter » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi Terrell,

Congratulations on having “Visions of a Future and “B U NIQ” placed on Netflix and CBS TV. This wonderful recognition of your music is surely deserved. Your passion shines through!

In addition, I’d like to acknowledge your words of encouragement to those of us who can only imagine a similar level of merit at this point. Without getting too sappy, I think it’s natural (as artists) to judge ourselves harshly and to feel discouraged at times - so a little boost from a like-minded peer never hurts.

The forum provides a secure platform to creatively connect with like-minded others in various ways, the most important of which is music. It would seem a fair inference that for most there exists a core desire to connect (in one form or another) with our innate talent(s) - whether it be through instrument, lyric, melody or production - or all of the above - wherever individual talent(s) may lie - to express ourselves (in one form or another) through music - to learn (in one form or another) - and for some, to belong (in one form or another). The forum affords the opportunity to do one or all of these things - otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Annnnnnnd if that isn’t enough there are posts like this one.

“I'm no different than anybody. I record my music on a five-year-old Macbook Pro with a $250 microphone/interface. If I can do it, so can you!”

Powerful words, Terrell!

Sometimes our words are more powerful than we give them credit. The right word or words spoken at the right time can make all the difference to others. I can only speak for myself, but I for one find posts like this one (including posts recently shared with us by Robbie Hancock & Paulie Croteau) courageous, encouraging, generous and helpful. Thanks, guys! Positivity is contagious - it does make a difference.

All the best!
Lyrics Matter

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Thanks Matt! I might be able to afford at least one $8 beer if the placements keep rolling in :lol: .

And thank you for the kind words LyricsMatter. I'm a positive person in general, so I try to have that show around here as well. Life has enough hardships as it is, so why make things harder for your peers? We're all in this together.

Edgar
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Edgar » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:19 am

Awesome, congrats Terrell!

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Sweet.