My first two submissions= two rejections

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Nightwolf

Re: My first two submissions= two rejections

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Thanks Paul. I appreciate the advice. So far there has been no issue with the sound quality or mix, just the wrong content. I recorded with an old Tascam 20yrs ago. Most of my stuff now is professionally done with my band. But I can't afford to do that with demos. So I am looking at getting a Mac book and Pro Tools by the end of the year. I used Cakewalk Sonar, Soundforge, and T-Racks in the past, so that part of it is always fun for me. BTW, just got my third rejection. I think I will stop counting.

LarryWhitler
Active
Active

Post by LarryWhitler » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:19 am

That great attitude will serve you well (and probably has in many areas beyond songwriting/music-production). The reviews that make us better writers are often the ones that sting.

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Thank you Larry. It has been many years since my last membership. 12yrs to be exact. One thing that is new, at least I think it is, are the listings for cues. I don't remember that being here before. I didn't even know what they were till I started listening to some from the members here. It's not something I am interested in doing, but I think it's a great opportunity for others who have that skill. I think if I ever came up with a cue, I would not let it go till I had a whole song around it. I am a dinosaur and not very apt to change. Maybe someday I will grow and mature, and try a few cues myself.

One another note, I was just telling someone today about the time Merle Haggard signed my Telecaster, then I saw the news that he passed....

Teaching guitar lessons tonight, you can be sure I will be using the Tele.