Submit same song to more than one listing?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MJGreen

Submit same song to more than one listing?

Post by MJGreen » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:42 am

Hello all. I could use a bit of advice please. Is it "okay" to submit a song to more than one listing at a time, or is it better to wait until you hear back on the first one before submitting it to another listing? I have material in my library that would fit a listing (sometimes even better than the listing its already submitted to) but I'm not sure if I should only submit it to one listing at a time and wait to hear back before submitting to a different listing, or pitch it to as many as possible without waiting to heard back from the other submissions. Also, does this hold true to both Exclusive and Non-exclusive listings? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!!

DooWahDiddy
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Submit same song to more than one listing?

Post by DooWahDiddy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Yep. Everyone is in agreement here that until a song is signed to a library, it's safe to submit to as many listings as you want. And even if it IS signed, as long as it's non-exclusive you can still submit to other libraries. Welcome and good luck!

MJGreen

Post by MJGreen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 am

Thank you! That's good news.

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Mon May 23, 2016 12:38 am

ok, now after submitting the same cue to 2 different listings, and after getting a forward on both, one library decided to contact me, and the deal is signed. How can I know which original listing it was? :)
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image