Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

janbaars
Impressive
Impressive

Changing Title of Song Already Submitted

Post by janbaars » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:16 am

Hi all,

I just went and changed the title of a CUE I already submitted. In my submission history though, the cue is listed with its original title. Will the reviewer be able to see the new title?

Jan

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Changing Title of Song Already Submitted

Post by Casey H » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:37 am

janbaars wrote:Hi all,

I just went and changed the title of a CUE I already submitted. In my submission history though, the cue is listed with its original title. Will the reviewer be able to see the new title?

Jan
Not sure, you'd have to ask Taxi. I know if you re-upload the mp3 before the cue gets screened, the screener will hear the latest. But not sure about the title. I know I once changed a title after submission and when I got the email with forward/return status, it referenced the old title. Hopefully your title change was minor and it generally doesn't affect the outcome as it's about the music. Yes, an appropriate title is always best, e.g. "A Quiet Mellow Day" may not be best for your head-banging, slash death metal song.

A quick call or email to Taxi will get you the definitive answer.

:D Casey

janbaars
Impressive
Impressive

Post by janbaars » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:04 am

Casey H wrote:
I know if you re-upload the mp3 before the cue gets screened, the screener will hear the latest.
I thought that was the case, but I recently submitted three songs to a listing of which I later re uploaded the mp3, and the screener wasn't able to listen to the uploaded mp3 ...

This is worrying to me, as I have re-uploaded updated version of songs to a couple of my submissions which are still pending..

MattCurious
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MattCurious » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:10 pm

You can definitely swap out the MP3s, as I've done this myself several times - possibly there was something wrong with that particular file, or even the screener's player.

I don't know about the titles, I'm afraid. I agree with Casey that an appropriate title is helpful but hopefully shouldn't be determinative!
-------------------------
matt-collinson.com

janbaars
Impressive
Impressive

Post by janbaars » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:08 am

Today I was able to talk to Andy, manager of the screening department. He spent at least 20(!) minutes of his time explaining a lot of technical details of the screening process. He also explained the issue discussed in this thread.

Tracks are being exported from Taxi's server into itunes playlists for the screener who is screening tracks for that listing
Therefor screeners see the title as we enter them in the mp3 file (the name of the file).

So, a couple of weeks ago on Taxi TV when Michael advised not to use titles like "Fishing & Beer - Swampy Cue (MASTER 3)" he didn't mean we shouldn't enter these kind of titles in the "title field' on the submission form, rather he was talking about the actual titles of the mp3 we submit.

He also gave me some really good advise on meta data which I will share in another forum post.