Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

This Is A Little Bizarre...........

Post by Danny » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:12 pm

First, look at this listing:

New Listing FILM TRAILER-STYLE INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an International Music Library that specializes in a wide range of music, specifically for Trailers. They're open to anything that ranges from Orchestral Trailer-style Instrumentals to hybridized material with Orchestral and Electronic elements (including guitars and synths). We recently ran this opportunity as TAXI Listing #U160301TI, and we didn't find them enough material, so they've asked us to run it again. If you made a submission to TAXI Listing #U160301TI, please send different material this time around. Take a listen to the following examples to get an idea of the range of styles that could work for this pitch:X-Men: Apocalypse Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0io2w_6vT8The Jungle Book Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtR9tqPa48sGods of Egypt Trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMVxECWC-vkRise of a Legend Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhUeLeL2aOwCabin Fever Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A10CG-eXCKYIndependence Day: Resurgence Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7a2u8lxWm8Give them exceptional compositions that sound like a real-deal, Hollywood-esque Theatrical Trailer that's consistent with the level of quality, style, and impact of current Blockbuster Trailers. Your submissions should be structured like a typical film trailer, with three "acts" that build as your composition progresses. As mentioned above, they're open to purely Orchestral compositions, to hybridized material with modern Rock elements added, and/or various Electronic-based elements on top of Orchestral. Non-Lyrical Choral/Vocal samples are okay for this pitch, but not a necessity by any stretch. Easy edit points and big, dramatic buttoned/stinger endings are strongly encouraged. Please do not copy or rip off the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and vibe. All submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine). This Library offers an Exclusive deal. You'll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share, and you'll get 100% of the Writer's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Friday, April 15th, 2016. TAXI #S160415FT

In this listing they say "We recently ran this opportunity as TAXI Listing #U160301TI, and we didn't find them enough material, so they've asked us to run it again"

The strange part is I submitted music to listing #U160301TI and have not heard anything back yet in a month. So, if they didn't find enough material, did they not like any? If not, why no return? If they liked my submission but didn't get enough from others, why no forward? If I never heard an answer from the first listing, should I pay another submission fee to submit the same material?

Sort of confused on this one.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: This Is A Little Bizarre...........

Post by hummingbird » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Danny wrote:If I never heard an answer from the first listing, should I pay another submission fee to submit the same material?
I can't answer the rest of your questions but to this one I would say "no, submit only new stuff."
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Danny » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Bird,

That seems to be the most rational choice. It still baffles me how the re did the listing because they needed new material but never gave dispositions on the first submissions.

Can anyone from Taxi possibly explain?

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Cruciform » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:25 pm

That's a fair question. Maybe give them a ring. You're more likely to get an answer that way than only posting on the forum where it can be easily missed.

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Danny » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:30 pm

You're right Cruc....

This particular forum crawls a little bit. Not very busy.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:42 pm

I'd contact Taxi to see why you never heard back regarding your first submission. It could be that no one has been officially notified yet -or- there was a glitch whereby you weren't. I assume that when you log in and check your submission history it still shows as "Awaiting Critique" (as opposed to you just not getting an email).

So give Taxi a ring on Monday. Their staff is always super helpful!

:D Casey

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Danny » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:19 am

Casey,

Yes. the history for that listing shows " Awaiting Critique".

As far as emails, I never even get emails for forwards or returns. It's interesting though how my email address receives Dispatch ads all week.

DooWahDiddy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DooWahDiddy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:05 am

Be sure to check your spam folder for those; many people here have that problem.

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:35 pm

I didn't get a response yet either. My belief is this.... just because we didn't hear back, doesn't mean they didnt already make the decisions. They just give all the forward/return emails on the same day.

Now... that being said. .. my question is this. If they didnt send enough forwards, then why can't they use a different screener this time around? Maybe some of those (close) returns may be liked by the client...or may be liked by another screener. Maybe they returned too many. .
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Cruciform » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:58 pm

WeWillWriteUaSong wrote:If they didnt send enough forwards, then why can't they use a different screener this time around? Maybe some of those (close) returns may be liked by the client...or may be liked by another screener. Maybe they returned too many. .
Given the ref tracks and the high bar it seems more likely to me that there weren't enough submissions that were of the requisite quality, but enough to keep the listing party interested in trying again.