exclusive vs non exclusive ... submissions in limbo ..

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ExcelMusicStudio
Active
Active

exclusive vs non exclusive ... submissions in limbo ..

Post by ExcelMusicStudio » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:33 pm

hiya fellow creatives... ;)

Jules here from excel music

several submission opportunities come along that have identical requirements ...
one is non exclusive,, the other exclusive,, who knows how they will pan out.. :idea:

WHAT IF .... you submit songs ... waiting on forwards ,,, to a non EX...
only to see a similar listing for a EX ...?.. come a bit later , when you have already
submitted for the first.

Aaaaahhh ... tracks in limbo .. :shock:
this must happen regularly ...

& music supes will get narky about this.. I'm sure. ( dammed if you do/don't situation ,, )

my view is EX deals will close out a lot of other opportunities... :?

by the way ,, I sooooooo wanted to come to the last rally . :D ,, all the way from Queensland Australia ,, to meet up with peeps...share creative resources & learn, but my van blew a head gasket .. & that emptied the bank.. DOH !> :roll:

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: exclusive vs non exclusive ... submissions in limbo ..

Post by Cruciform » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Keep pitching until it's signed somewhere. If you are waiting on a direct-to-supe opportunity then by all means, give it 4 wks or so (after the forward) before pitching it elsewhere.

If you sign it somewhere and someone else comes back later and asks if it's available, you say "That one has been accepted into another library but I'll be more than happy to write some new cues in that style for you." Libraries know you can't sit around and wait on them.

ExcelMusicStudio
Active
Active

Post by ExcelMusicStudio » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:57 pm

thanks much Rob... it's no telling which listing will be a better opportunity .. that's in the hands of the random acts of the screeners ,, ha ha haha h. ( tongue in cheek )

oH ,,, ANOTHER THING,,, you don't know if it's a listing by the same library , that lists again.. because they still want new material.. they will return to taxi again later.. for the same , thing,,

perhaps Taxi should mention that it's a repeat of a certain listing ,, & quote that reference number

there's nothing in place that could facilitate this... but computers can do anything you program them to.. but usually not .. ha!@

so you submit the same songs you did the first time .. duh >? there's a hole in the universe

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Cruciform » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Taxi typically say in the listing if it's a repeat. Normally something like, "We recently ran this as XXXX and the library wants to hear more". Or "There weren't enough submissions so we're running it again, don't resubmit the same cues."

If it's much, much later before the relisting then you probably wouldn't see a disclaimer. It would just mean the library has high demand for it and wants even more.