Encouraging and Amazing Story

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

withlovefromTX

Encouraging and Amazing Story

Post by withlovefromTX » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:48 pm

There is so much to tell you but let me sum up...
I joined Taxi about a year ago to get on board before I headed to LA for the Rally. At the rally, I met a handful of people, gave out demo cds (with good songs that I knew needed work), exchanged business cards and got to sing at 2 open mic sessions. Every day was useful. I learned so much every session, every day. When I came home, everyone I knew asked how the conference was. My answer every time was, "It was the best weekend of my life." And I meant it.
For the next few weeks & months following the rally I made contact with various people I met once I got back home.

Fast forward...
I have been working on several (4ish) co-writes/collabs with different musicians from Taxi. My first direct submission to a music library (co-write from Taxi) was my first acceptance! (That never happens!) How awesome to be part of a creative process that allows people to bring what they know, even if it's not as much as they think, mold it into a marketable piece & send it to ears that want to really use it. I am completely grateful to experiences, people who are willing to answer my questions and be patient with me as I figure out vocabulary/lingo, procedures & dos and don'ts.

No regrets...
I'm working out how to come back again this year. It might require a roommate or some days of not eating. But coming to the Rally was the best decision I've made in my very tiny music career. I'm a full time teacher with a love of music and an ear for patterns & a heart for lyrics. I don't see an end to my love for the Rally & I might go through withdrawals if I can't go. I'm hooked.

Don't give up. You never know what you have to offer until you offer.
Two minds (in my experience) really are better than one.

See you in a few months-fingers crossed!

megeath
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Encouraging and Amazing Story

Post by megeath » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:10 am

I love this story! Thank you so much for sharing your joy. I know for myself the Taxi environment is truly a biome where I have a musical home, and can grow and flourish.

Do you ever watch Taxi TV on Mondays, with the Chat? It's a great positive interaction, where you share and learn.
Megeath (meg-AY-eth)
Songwriter/Composer/Indie Artist
http://www.megeathsmusic.com

'Success is a Journey, not a Destination'

withlovefromTX

Re: Encouraging and Amazing Story

Post by withlovefromTX » Sun May 01, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm usually listening while I'm at the gym so I'm not able to chat during the show but I find it really helpful.
The next time I'm free on a Monday evening, I'll try to figure out how to do the chat thing. :)

Thanks!