Nashville Vacation

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Nashville Vacation

Post by mojobone » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:25 am

Chattanooga does have some fine distilleries, LOL. The Station Inn is probably a 2-3 hour wait on a Monday night. (they don't take reservations; it's first come first served) Totally worth it, imo, regardless who's playing, but you hope it's The Time Jumpers. You might want to check the calendar at the Bluegrass Inn, too. You can see great live music of any kind, any night of the week. I wouldn't recommend the Opry unless you plan a year or more ahead. The Ryman? Well, maybe if you're excited by the building. I'd recommend drinks after lunch at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge any day of the week. You wouldn't want to miss Robert's Western World, or the Ernest Tubb Record Shop; Gary from BR5-49 still works there, but usually not at the one on Lower Broadway . The Bluebird is kind of a tough ticket; I doubt that situation's gotten any better since Nashville started airing. The Country Musicians Hall Of Fame is pretty awesome and overlooked. I know you said not touristy but some things you don't wanna leave undone, or you'll just have to come back, like a side trip to Memphis, Sun Studios and Graceland.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

guscave
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Nashville Vacation

Post by guscave » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:01 am

Thanks for all the info. I actually don't have anything planned out. We're going to fill up the tank and see where it leads us. For now we want to spend a couple of days in Nashville, then probably go to North Carolina before heading back home to Miami.

I've got 8 days to waste, so let's see if I can stay out of county jail for awhile... :D