1 year and 2 month: 3 deals

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

1 year and 2 month: 3 deals

Post by arska » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Just wanted to say this to encourage also others though not sure if this is like "true success story" yet like many other posts in this section are with major placements etc. But:

I joined Taxi on early 2015 and in my first year I got 10 forwards. I do only instrumentals. In 2015 I got no contacts from any library etc. I was feeling a bit "edgy" by then. But then in January 2016 I was contacted by Australian publishing company for one track and then in March second company contacted from U.S for another track and now last week third company contacted from yet another couple of tracks. 4 tracks are signed total. And not need to mention my motivation sky rocketed and composing new material now.

But still first placement and first payment is still there somewhere... getting deals will nevertheless help you understand the "numbers game" that also Michael has stated.. You just will do this. Keeping no strict deadlines, rather thinking this as "lifestyle" or hoppy is the more I like it and from that perspective you will not suffer lack of motivation.. Thats what it is.

By the way, if someone here could share with us how much usually one instrumental cue from one library will generate after first placement, I'd love to know. I'm guessing something like 10-100 dollars in a year or so.. :)

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: 1 year and 2 month: 3 deals

Post by andygabrys » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Congratulations!

That is awesome to get three deals like that!

Cue earnings are influenced by how popular the show is that they are placed in, the kind of network or channel they run on, the type of placement (featured instrumental, featured vocal, back ground instrumental, etc. with most instrumental placements being Background Instrumental and paying the least), the length of placement, and the count or number of times it was used (and there are probably other factors I am omitting).

So its sort of impossible to say how much you will earn.

But for reference, my first TV placement in 2011 was for 0:11 on American Pickers on the History Channel. Count of 8. Earnings $12.25.

That might not be enough for much more than a couple of coffees, but on the good side, its been showing up with many more uses than that in American Pickers every quarter since then. The one cue has earned me a number of thousand dollars over the years just from American Pickers.

Other placements of mine on big 3 networks or on MTV that run for more than a minute are much more lucrative earning in the hundreds of dollars per quarter per cue (in general).

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:52 pm

This is really great news! Thanks for posting :D
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

TheElement
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by TheElement » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:27 pm

Awesome stuff! Taxi does work! Congrats! 8-)
Hollywood Music In Media Award Nominated Record Producer from The BahamasFacebook | Soundcloud

DavidSJH
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by DavidSJH » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Congratulations. :D

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Joseph » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Way to go!

-Joseph

JohnForster
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by JohnForster » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:17 pm

That IS inspiring. Thanks for sharing that.

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by arska » Wed May 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Thanks for comments to you all, seems it was good idea to post this.

Btw, this third library just today signed yet couple of more tracks and wanting still more. Lucky its non-exclusive library so that I don't need to put my best tracks in one basket :) They did even send bunch of reference tracks that they have got positive feedback from MTV, in case I want to focus my music. Nice move from them I'd say..

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Wed May 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Awesome! Congrats! Thank you for posting this - it's very inspiring
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong