TENSION -BASED ELECTRONIC/ORCHESTRAL CUE

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mrdtman
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

TENSION -BASED ELECTRONIC/ORCHESTRAL CUE

Post by mrdtman » Mon May 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Trying my hand in this. Tell me what you think. Is It on target?

https://soundcloud.com/dtman-2/storm-the-gates/s-0uVib

DT

Here is the listing:
TENSION-BASED ELECTRONIC/ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Non-Exclusive Production Music Library for a range of upcoming projects. They're searching for Instrumental Cues in All-Tempos that you'd hear on shows like (but not limited to): The Flash, Arrow, Gotham, The Blacklist, etc., etc., etc.

Please give them well-crafted Tension Cues that have both Electronic and Orchestral elements that are super fresh and current-sounding. Your submissions should have a dark and slightly menacing tone, while weaving in orchestral strings and percussion to create a fresh cinematic sound. Your cues should layer instruments in and out to create dynamics, space, and a moody atmosphere as your Cue progresses. Please avoid anything that sounds stiff or MIDI-driven, or has dated sounding samples.

All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long with easy edit points and a crescendo that leads to a buttoned/stinger ending. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine). This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 Deal. You'll get 50% of any applicable sync fees and 100% of the Writer's share. The Publisher will get 50% of applicable sync fees and 100% of the Publisher's Share on the version they pitch. You'll keep 100% of the original copyright. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit to this pitch. Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Wednesday, May 4th, 2016. TAXI #Y160504EO

burpo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: TENSION -BASED ELECTRONIC/ORCHESTRAL CUE

Post by burpo » Mon May 02, 2016 7:37 pm

Hey DeTox!

Nifty work. I like this track.

The pulses in the A section seem out of time with the drum track.
I'd like to hear the tom-tom* 16th notes that appear in the B section also in the A section,
just way low.

*or at least another instrument playing 16ths.

Pure opinion: I'd like to hear a low horn part.

Great stuff, so far. Very Game of Thrones.

-b
burpo
Stephen Debonrepos
"Flufferpuff" on TAXI TV
http://www.taxi.com/burpo

Long-time hobby musician