Looking for female vocalist

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dparks

Looking for female vocalist

Post by dparks » Thu May 05, 2016 9:34 am

Hi. I’m new to Taxi. I create songs in a wide variety of styles from A/C ballads to jazz to alt. rock to country/crossover. I have used computer-generated vocals to develop song demos (don’t laugh till you hear it), but they now need the emotional performance of a real singer to really be considered in Taxi.

This is the first song I’d like to work on, https://soundcloud.com/dann_parks/storms. There are two other tracks there as well. If any sound like something you’d like to sing (or you’d just like to chat), please reply or sent PM.

Thanks for listening,
Dann

Uttenreither
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Looking for female vocalist

Post by Uttenreither » Thu May 05, 2016 1:49 pm

Hey, Nice Song! What program do you use for the virtual voice generation?
Thanks

dparks

Post by dparks » Fri May 06, 2016 11:49 pm

The software is called Vocaloid Avanna. Vocaloid is (mostly) a Japanese cult thing used for j-pop songs, but a few English voices are quite realistic (within limits), and with a lot of program tweaking can be useful for developing lyrics and melodies. But Taxi critiques feel it is not good enough to really show off a song, and I agree. So that's why I'd like to find a vocalist who would like to collaborate and take the song(s) to a real emotional performance level.

Uttenreither
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Uttenreither » Mon May 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Thank you, I may look into that.
It seems like it would be nice to use for work tapes since I can't sing, But for a final product, best to use someone from among the living.
Thanks again for your reply.

Ndennis

Post by Ndennis » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:38 am

I am a female vocalist! I think the melody is quite catchy, it's been stuck in my head all day. I'd like to have a go at recording the vocals. I'm new to taxi and don't seem to be able to send a private message. Can you PM me? I also followed you on Soundcloud, so maybe you can see me? I swear I am much better at singing than I at navigating myself through forums! :D

dparks

Post by dparks » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi Nicole. I sent you a PM.