TENSION-BASED, HYBRID UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jonnybutter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: TENSION-BASED, HYBRID UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by jonnybutter » Fri May 27, 2016 9:11 pm

AlCompose wrote:
jonnybutter wrote:I think that every listing is different (assuming in this case that these are two different libraries, which I don't know for a fact). So not only are screeners different, but the more specific instructions given to the screener(s) can be different - for example, the bar might be higher on one than on the other; or one client might have less flexible criteria, or they really stressed A or B, or are known for preferring X, etc. So even if the general criteria in 2 or more listings sound functionally identical, the clients aren't identical.

Taxi typically gives very good customer service to us members; so you just know that they give good service also to their clients, especially including tailoring the screening process to a fine degree.
Hi Jon, Yeah I know what your saying.. you don't know whats happening behind the curtain as in requirements that is... A bit like the wizard of Oz :lol:
:o Yes. It's kind of opaque. I don't see how it could be otherwise, though, until you get to know the companies yourself. I can certainly see the value, from a publisher's perspective, in a really pro screening service like Taxi.

AlCompose
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by AlCompose » Sun May 29, 2016 6:56 am

artturner wrote:Congratulations on the forwards Al!

Just chiming in to say that yes, I had one cue that had been returned twice and one returned once, but since I had submitted them to the latest tension cue listing, I decided to let them ride. And they were both forwarded this time! But I'll probably retire those two from submitting since they seem to be hit or miss.
Hi Art! Cheers, Yeah I was a bit reluctant to put them in again.... but with a different listener they might have a chance... There is another identical listing there again and was thinking of putting them in for that as neither has been signed to a library.. but wondering if it is actually the same listings as before as this type of listing has come up a lot lately. Al

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Danny » Sun May 29, 2016 11:23 pm

Good stuff Al.

Hope the libraries fight over them :D :D :D :D :D

AlCompose
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by AlCompose » Mon May 30, 2016 5:11 am