if you quit Taxi

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: if you quit Taxi

Post by hummingbird » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Danny wrote:I have been with Taxi on and off for years. You can not access your member page while not under membership. Well, at least in my case.
hmmm I'm pretty sure I was able to access my profile, cause that's where I could see my submission history and also sign up again.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:48 pm

admin wrote: I used a big word and it came back redlined. Did I spell it wrong? :lol:
:) quod est verum

Casey H wrote: One thing you can do if you don't renew:
* Create a folder on your PC called something like "Taxi Profile"
* Download all the tracks on your Taxi profile page and save them in that folder.
* If they are songs, copy/paste the lyrics to word documents for each song, also in that folder.

It can be time consuming if you have 50 songs up there but it will make it much easier for you to re-create your page if you rejoin and need to.

PS I use this method for juggling what's on my Taxi profile page when it's full and I need to make space to submit something to a listing that is not on there.

Best
:D Casey
That's a good thing to know :) thanks for the tip :)
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:49 am

admin wrote:If I remember correctly, there is a time period that your profile stays up so people don't have to rebuild and re-upload if they renew after their deadline expires. BUT, I think there is a time limit because we'd have SO much stuff hosted if we left every old member's stuff on the server it would cost a lot to host it ad infinitum. Wow, I used a big word and it came back redlined. Did I spell it wrong? :lol:
Nope. Spell check doesn't speak latin. Note that I italicized "latin"; is that ironic, or whut?
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone