Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Orchestral/Hip Hop Tension????

Post by Danny » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:03 am

Hey Folks,

I don't pretend to be an expert on music by all means but I feel it's a little weird to see a Orchestral/Hip Hop cue to be used as tension.

I have had tension ques forwarded and Orchestral/Hip Hop ques forwarded but never associated a hip hop beat with tension underscoring.

The listing does state in a large cap locked title HYBRID ORCHESTRAL/HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTAL CUES that are needed by reality TV, etc. But only later in the listing does it state for tension. Perhaps I'm not thinking out of the box????

HYBRID ORCHESTRAL/HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a great Non-Exclusive Music Library that's feeding material directly to the Music Supervisor of a Production Company that has Reality-based content on virtually ALL media platforms. They're looking to find hybridized, tension-based Cues that you'd expect to hear on shows like Black Ink Crew, Love & Hip Hop, Mob Wives, etc., etc., etc.

Give them Cues that combine real-sounding Orchestral instrumentation with big Hip-Hop beats to create a tension-filled hybrid Cue. Build your submissions around a simple, focused melodic theme, while adding and subtracting various instruments as it progresses to make your Cue interesting, dynamic, and not overly repetitive sounding.

Please do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists' songs, sounds, or any other form of media.

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 split. You'll get 50% of any applicable sync fees and 100% of the Writer's share. The Publisher will get 50% of the sync fee and 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control of the Master and Copyright to submit for this. Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Tuesday, June 7th, 2016. TAXI #Y160607HC

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Orchestral/Hip Hop Tension????

Post by daveydad » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:11 am

I haven't jumped into this genre but you hear it all over the place on reality TV

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Danny » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:34 am

Hey Davey,

Yeah, HIP HOP with orchestra is all over the place. But you hear hip beats used as a tension cue?

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:06 pm

I guess they mean something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJEvSDduOA