Good online production private lesson tutors?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Good online production private lesson tutors?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:13 am

mojobone wrote:I would work through both of Mike Senior's books; his new one is Recording Secrets For the Small Studio.
Many perceived mix problems can be because of other issues like poor recording or source sounds and poor arrangement...no amount of mix-foo is going to rescue something that's inherently not right to start with.

I find if a track is well enough recorded and arranged then it should sound pretty good simply by balancing the faders

AhjayStelino
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by AhjayStelino » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:46 am

I find if a track is well enough recorded and arranged then it should sound pretty good simply by balancing the faders[/quote]

Well said! I guess it's the whole recording chain that matters not just the mixing

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:34 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
I find if a track is well enough recorded and arranged then it should sound pretty good simply by balancing the faders
Absolutely; my goal whilst recording is to be able to throw the faders up to nominal and have 90% of the mix done. Mixing other people's recordings is why I own so many cool studio tools. When you have great, well-rehearsed musicians with excellent instruments/arrangements working together in a phenomenal space, the tools only have to be adequate.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone