Access to a la's restricted

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Access to a la's restricted

Post by hummingbird » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Just wonder if TAXI is aware some members can't access the chosen samples in a listing? There's often at least one I can't listen to, but today, there's three. And the one I can listen to, doesn't strike me as being particularly 'tense', it's more emotional except near the end.

TENSION-BASED UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES in various styles (minimal, orchestral, or hybrid) are needed by a globally recognized Production Music Library with lots of great placements in TV Commercials, Sports Programming, and Movie/Video Game Trailers. It’s been almost a year since they’ve run a listing with TAXI, and we’re very excited to have them back! They’re actively searching for well-crafted, Down-to-Mid-Tempo Tension Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of these references:

How To Get Away With Murder (0:22 to : 1:15): CAN'T ACCESS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6eYn2u4Ass

CSI Cyber (0:00 to 1:30): CAN'T ACCESS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtAUmdD9ahM

Person Of Interest (0:00 to 3:38):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQnTY3m_gIQ

Criminal Minds (1:04 to 3:16): CAN'T ACCESS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVE78jv6xzg

Please submit Tension Instrumental Cues that can range from minimalistic and mood-setting, to fuller sounding arrangements with the addition of hybrid elements. Craft your Cues around a melodic theme that conveys a rising level of anxiety, discomfort, and suspense, while weaving layers of instrumentation/elements in and out to create dynamics and momentum. Whichever style you decide to submit, please be sure your samples are really current sounding and well executed.

All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long, with a crescendo that leads to a buttoned/stinger ending. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for texture, tone, and the tense vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

They offer an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD no later than 11:59pm (PDT), on Thursday, June 16th, 2016. TAXI #U160616TC
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Access to a la's restricted

Post by Casey H » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:38 pm

I can access the last three, just not the first one. How is it for you now? The same?

Sometimes links are restricted in certain countries.

Best
:D Casey

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Casey H wrote:I can access the last three, just not the first one.
same here.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:27 pm

No change. I get "This video is not available." on 1, 2, and 4.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:41 pm

hummingbird wrote:No change. I get "This video is not available." on 1, 2, and 4.
I would likely call TAXI Vikki - if there is varying ability for writers to access those reference tracks then its affecting the quality and quantity of submissions for listings like these.

Esp if its a Youtube deal with varying access per country. I know on iTunes there are works that aren't accessible to those in the US and vice-versa depending on your country of access.

Maybe there is something different that can be worked out for these references.

melodymessiah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodymessiah » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:40 pm

i get the same result as treadstarter. perhaps couse i live abroad (norway), with different access?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:32 am

Hi Vikki,

I just tried all four, and only the first one was deleted, the other three worked.

Maybe it's because you're in Canada? When we choose the videos to use as references, they're working. In this case, we even listed the sections to listen to, so my staff was able to play them. There are times when a video is taken down by a network for copyright reasons, and sometimes by Youtube's bot find them, and take them down, but that's pretty rare. We try to use the most likely to stay up examples.

I'm guessing this case might have been caused because you're accessing from Canada. Only a guess because I've seen this sort of thing happen when I'm out of the U.S. We try to include enough info in the ref examples, so even if the link doesn't work for one reason or another, you could still search by the show and episode name and hopefully find it no matter where you live.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer!

best,
Michael