Direct to Supervisor Rap Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Direct to Supervisor Rap Forward

Post by TerrellBurt » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 am

Hey guys, I hope everyone had a great weekend. A collab that I worked on with Owen for the below listing was forwarded to the music supervisor of a new show. This is my first forward since May, so I'm grateful. You can hear the song "Real Ones" on Owen's TAXI homepage at http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ochaim. Decided not to post the song on my Soundcloud page since it doesn't really go with my "brand," so there goes that lol.

NEW LISTING - CONTEMPORARY RAP SONGS with Male Vocals are needed for a $2,000, Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Supervisor placement in a new TV Series. They’re looking for Mid-Tempo Songs that would generally be considered to be in the ballpark of “Panda” by Desiigner. The Music Supervisor mentioned artists like Future and Travis Scott as well, so please review the following songs to get an idea of the vibe the Music Supervisor needs:

WARNING: The following references have some graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

“Panda” by Desiigner

“3500” by Travi$ Scott

“Where Ya At” by Future

Quoting the source: “This will be for background source for a party scene at a frat house. It needs to sound really current and lyrics must be clean, no swearing or ‘N’ words, as well as brand names.”

Please submit edgy Rap songs that sound like a real-deal Radio Hit and/or Album Cut, with a bass-heavy, head-bobbin’ beat, and a vocal performance that’s filled with over-confident attitude. Lyric themes can vary, but should be something that’s generally heard in current Rap/Hip-Hop music, albeit, somewhat cleaner ;-). Although this will be used as background source, it would still be good for your lyrics to be universal, avoiding specific references to brands, places, times, names, and profanity. If you’ve got a killer song and the lyrics aren’t 100% universal, we think we might be able to be more lenient than usual for this pitch. Do not copy or rip off the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Please do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

The estimated license fee for this is $2,000. This is a Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Master and Composition rights (no publishing splits), plus you’ll also get 100% of the sync fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Saturday, July 2nd, 2016. TAXI #U160702RP

burpo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Direct to Supervisor Rap Forward

Post by burpo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:21 am

Yes yes yes!

Huge congrats to you and to Owen!!

-b
burpo
Stephen Debonrepos
"Flufferpuff" on TAXI TV
http://www.taxi.com/burpo

Long-time hobby musician

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:56 am

Big congrats guys!
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

RLam
Active
Active

Post by RLam » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Big track Terrell and great listing to get a forward on! Congrats!

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Killer job, my friends!! $2,000 would be a pretty nice payday. Fingers crossed for you guys!

~~Matt

Cwadroon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Cwadroon » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:47 pm

Congrats Terrell and Owen!

SteveC
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveC » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi Terrell,

another strong jam. Nicely done gents....

Love the brand awareness. LOL

st