TENSION-BUILDING, HYBRID UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MattCurious
Impressive
Impressive

TENSION-BUILDING, HYBRID UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by MattCurious » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Had a forward on this one that made me laugh, in a good way. I had a track rejected the other day when the feedback looked like it should've been on-brief. This evening (UK) I had a forward when the feedback looked like it should've been a return!

But take your wins where you find them :D

Over Your Shoulder: https://soundcloud.com/matt_curious/over-your-shoulder
"Pretty low key cue in terms of building tension and momentum, but works for possibly some tragic melancholy type scene."
(For comparison / reminder that it depends on the screener's project / ears:http://forums.taxi.com/topic135746.html)

TENSION-BUILDING, HYBRID UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for a large number of NON-Exclusive Direct-to-Editor placements in shows produced by a really big TV Production Company. They're building an in-house Music Library that feeds music directly to the post-production supervisor of a popular Reality TV Show. The in-house Library will be made available to the entire editing team working on that show as well as ALL the other shows this extremely busy Entertainment Company produces! They're using TAXI as a leading resource to build their library, so this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a lot of your music!! They need ominous, Down-to-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues that you'd hear in shows like Deadliest Catch, Venom Hunters, I Shouldn't Be Alive, etc., etc., etc. Please give them forward moving Underscore Cues that use fresh, current-sounding electronic elements, coupled with believable sounding orchestral samples to create a feeling of uneasy anticipation. Build your Cue around a central melodic theme that delivers edge-of-your-seat suspense, while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation to create dynamics and forward momentum as the Cue progresses. As always, please avoid submitting anything that's overly frenetic or dated sounding for this pitch. Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes long. Good edit points and non-faded/buttoned endings will work best. Please do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artist's music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal. You'll split any applicable sync fees 50/50. You'll get 100% of the Master rights and Writer's share, and the Library will get 100% of the Publishing for any placements they generate. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this opportunity. Please submit 1-3 Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Wednesday, July 6th, 2016. TAXI #Y160706HU
-------------------------
matt-collinson.com

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: TENSION-BUILDING, HYBRID UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Joseph » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:43 pm

Very good track, Matt!

-Joseph

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Danny » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Really cool track there Matt...

Here's to many more forwards.

BlindTruth
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BlindTruth » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Had a listen to this one the other day, Matt, very cool. Helping me to refine my approach to these as well.

Cheers

Steven
Steven Harris

http://www.taxi.com/blindtruth
soundcloud.com/stevenjharris

MattCurious
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MattCurious » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Thanks, guys!

Steven - happy to be of any help. I'm still learning myself though, so don't take these as gospel! No sales yet ;)
-------------------------
matt-collinson.com