Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MattCurious
Impressive
Impressive

TAXI TEAM - Clarification, please? Deadline 2 August

Post by MattCurious » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:01 am

Hi guys

Just a quick note to check that the following listing is open to hybrid cues? The references appear to be hybrid orchestral rather than purely orchestral.

The deadline is 2 August so I'll probably give a call as well, but the UK time difference makes it tricky to catch the office sometimes. Also the clarification might be helpful for others.

Cheers!
Matt

TENSION-BASED ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES by a NON-Exclusive Music Library with tons of great placements. They’re on the hunt for suspenseful, foreboding, Down-to-Mid-Tempo instrumental Cues that you’d hear in tension-filled moments in shows like Person Of Interest, The Blacklist, Blindspot, etc., etc., etc.

“Playing By The Rules” from Person Of Interest (0:00 to 3:30)

“Red, Betrayed and Bereft” from The Blacklist (0:00 to 1:00)

“Who Is Jane Doe…Really?” from Blindspot (0:08 to 3:33)

Please submit nail biting, Tension-inducing Instrumental Cues with fresh, current sounding samples, sounds, and production techniques that create an unsettling vibe throughout. Your Cues should deliver forward momentum with the layering of instrumentation to keep them from sounding too linear or one-dimensional. As always, please avoid submitting anything that’s frenetic, stiff, or obviously MIDI-driven.

All submissions should be between 1 to 2 minutes long. Non-faded endings with a natural decay/ring out are recommended. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine).

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE 50/50 split deal. You’ll split any applicable sync fees 50/50, and keep 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher gets 100% of the Publisher’s share. You’ll keep 100% of the original version. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis. No full critiques. Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016. TAXI #U160802TC
-------------------------
matt-collinson.com

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: TAXI TEAM - Clarification, please? Deadline 2 August

Post by edmondredd » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:28 am

I had the same impression Matt, and wanted actually to check if someone had a link to the cues used without the dialogue happening.
"Playing By the Rules" link is not working over here, not sure if it's because of location issues, but it's giving me "Content Unavailable"
And the other 2 cues are buried way behind the dialogue, so I couldn't hear them well.
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:32 am

I would call Taxi with your question ASAP. A post here may not get read in time or could even be missed.

Good luck!
:D Casey

PhJ

Post by PhJ » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:21 am

Hello guys,
if you do get a clarification, keep us posted, I'm curious too !

irina456

Post by irina456 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:10 am

Hello, and I would be interested :D