"Wade in the Water" PD gospel track finds a home!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

burpo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

"Wade in the Water" PD gospel track finds a home!

Post by burpo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:05 pm

The forward I got for "Wade in the Water" (on my TAXI page) was really special because,
my voice has always been my Achilles' Heel. Both on the forums and in my returns, I've often
gotten the comment, "You can't sing. Get a real singer." (sic)

I was contacted by the company only a couple of days after receiving word of the forward.
Their rep asked me if I had any more tracks because, " I really like your voice."

Man! That felt good.

That was a few days ago. I just got off the phone today. The company is finalizing a contract and sending it over.
I could not be more pleased. It went so smoothly! Their rep called me "a dream client." : )

-b

VINTAGE RECORDINGS of PUBLIC DOMAIN GOSPEL SONGS recorded in any year prior to 1985 are needed by an A-List Film and TV Music Publisher. Male, Female, and Group Vocals, and All Tempos will work for this pitch. If you've got old, Public Domain Gospel recordings that were recorded prior to 1985, please keep reading! Here's a website that lists a bunch of Gospel songs, many (but not all!) of which are in the Public Domain: http://www.gospel-songs.org/ We strongly suggest that you double check to make sure the songs you submit are actually in the Public Domain. There is a lot of incorrect information out there, so please double check to make sure your submissions are P.D. Your recordings must have been made prior to 1985, and you will need to own or control the Master Recordings to submit for this pitch. The recording quality is not expected to be on par with today's broadcast quality! Many TAXI members have been signed by this publisher with nothing more than good demo recordings! They're much more interested finding music that sounds authentic to the time period! This Publisher is the hot, go-to company for a long list of extremely popular TV shows and big Feature Films when they need music that is authentically from a particular time period. The Publisher pays you an upfront fee for the master rights. This company often averages several placements per week, and many of those are TAXI members who've been signed with this company because they submitted to a listing like this! Dozens of TAXI members have signed buy out, cash-up-front deals with this company. Several have even received up front checks for $10,000 - $15,000 (or more!) Deal sizes and buyout amounts vary depending on the quantity and quality of the songs signed by the Publisher. They DO NOT want material that was recently recorded and made to sound old. They can only use AUTHENTIC, ORIGINAL, VINTAGE RECORINDGS, as long as the sound quality is reasonably good. This is a golden opportunity to make money with music you might have thought had no hope in today's market! Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. Please include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Wednesday, July 20th, 2016. TAXI #Y160720GO
burpo
Stephen Debonrepos
"Flufferpuff" on TAXI TV
http://www.taxi.com/burpo

Long-time hobby musician

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Wade in the Water" PD gospel track finds a home!

Post by lesmac » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Right on B. It's celebration time.. :D

DanLuedke
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DanLuedke » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Take that, nay-sayers! I'm very happy for you, Burpo!

Just for the record I think your vocal performance on this one is excellent. I'm glad someone whose opinion matters agrees.
Dan Luedke
Website
Spotify
Apple Music
Amazon

“Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” -Bill Gates

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Amazing b! Congrats! Big time!
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

chrismugs
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrismugs » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:16 am

Wonderful! congrats on the success and the future placement

burpo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by burpo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:06 am

Thanks so much, Les, Dan, Marcus and Chris!!

-b
burpo
Stephen Debonrepos
"Flufferpuff" on TAXI TV

Long-time hobby musician

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Susanstunes » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:18 am

That's so great. I like your voice too (as you know). And that song -was that the last one you posted with piano? Keep on keepin' on! Susan

burpo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by burpo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:23 am

Thanks Susan!

The track is on my TAXI page. It's a guitar/vocal.

: )

-b
burpo
Stephen Debonrepos
"Flufferpuff" on TAXI TV

Long-time hobby musician

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:16 am

Yay Burpo! It really IS the best company by far for vintage recordings. It's always so cool to see old recordings find a home, and then placements. Give it some time, and I'm sure those will come as well. Congrats!
Michael

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Danny » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:52 pm

Totally AWESOME!!!

Congrats. :D :D :D