Hi Taxi folks, introducing myself!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tk2020

Hi Taxi folks, introducing myself!

Post by tk2020 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi Taxi folks! tk here, new visitor of the forum! I am a songwriter-singer-musician-engineer-producer, and work with my daughter Katelyn, also a singer-songwriter. I've been writing and producing music for decades, but as a hobby/semi-pro, due to having a career in the Life Sciences. Now committed to taking my life's passion to working full time in music. I currently use Cubase Pro 8.5 as a DAW, but started recording, mixing, producing back to the reel-to-reel age, even before ADAT's which I still have. Recently I have taken classes from Michelle Lockey and Cathy Heller in writing for Film/TV and Advertising to educate myself to better focus my writing. You can check me out at www.musicbytk.com if interested in some of what I've done.

btw: If anyone has any extra tickets they are not using for the upcoming TAXI Road Rally convention my daughter and I would be interested in attending to meet some of you and to find out more about TAXI and learning how to work smart in this type of music business.....thanks, tom kwake musicbytk@gmail.com

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hi Taxi folks, introducing myself!

Post by songmaster » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:23 am

Hi TK

Welcome to Taxi! Your music sounds like it is more than on it's way to find homes ( placements ). Your Daughter also has a great voice. I'm sure you will find Taxi a very helpful place to be, especially if you are interested in Film and TV.
See you on the forums. :)

Tom

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hi Taxi folks, introducing myself!

Post by lesmac » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:35 am

Welcome to the forums Tom. Sounds like you know exactly what you want to do which is half the battle.
Ditto what Tom H said about your music and your daughter's voice.