Improvements to video game listings

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tower888
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Improvements to video game listings

Post by tower888 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:56 pm

I find the listing (below) to be vague. "Virtual Reality Video Games" (as they say in the listing) doesn't really tell you much. Virtual reality is a system for delivering a game experience to a player. It is NOT a game genre. Was the game a FPS (first-person shooter), a RPG (roll-playing game), puzzle game, survival horror, retro arcade? And even within a specific game type, there are different game themes... A puzzle game could be set in ancient Greece or outer space. I saw a VR game on Youtube that involved a person walking through a haunted house (aka survival horror game). I saw a different VR game that involved kicking a soccer ball around a field (aka sports game). My point is that the description of the game is very, very vague. If you run listings for video games in the future, please at least list the genre of the game, and preferably some information about the theme and setting.

ORIGINAL, 8-Bit Style “CHIPTUNE” INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an A-List Music Supervisor for several $2,000, NON-Exclusive placements in a series of Virtual Reality Video Games by a AAA Game Developer. Please submit fun, quirky, Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that could be found on a playlist with these references:

"Jetpack Blues" by Anamanaguchi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e73hUipjp3Q

"Impetus" by Gaijin Games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAp0ZF7SKDo

"Nintentodisco" by Popskyy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYs6taKeYec

Give them great, synthesized Instrumentals that sound like the video games of long ago, with a melodically and rhythmically compelling 8-Bit sound. Modernized or hybrid Chiptune pieces with contemporary sounding elements and genres is okay for this pitch! Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Good edit points and non-faded, buttoned endings are needed for this pitch. Do NOT copy or rip off the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for feel, texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality (in the context of 8-Bit recordings) is needed.

There will be a Non-Exclusive license fee payment of $2,000, All-Inclusive per Instrumental, for 5 Years. The deal is NON-Exclusive, but you will not be permitted to license the same song for other video games during the contract period. You can still pitch it for other opportunities like film and TV. You must own or control the Master and Copyright. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Video Game Company! No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 Instrumentals online or per CD, no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Thursday, August 11th, 2016. TAXI #U160811CT