Does Ambient Guitar listing = Ambient Melodic Listing?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Does Ambient Guitar listing = Ambient Melodic Listing?

Post by Paulie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Wondering if I can get dual use out of a track I completed for the previous ambient guitar listing last month. Do you think the two are similar?

Current Listing:
AMBIENT, MELODIC INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a NON-Exclusive Music Library that’s always getting placements in a bunch of TV Shows, Film projects, and Movie Trailers. They’re looking for Down-To-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in feel, vibe, and production ballpark of the references below:

“Lungs” by Glocque
“Nobodies” by LAIRE
“3 am” by Glxy

Develop your tracks to create an ambient, atmospheric sonic landscape that could underscore a tense television scene. Your Cues should use huge, lush pads and airy, reverb-drenched percussion, with electro, bouncy melodies and counter-melodies that deliver a light, smooth, fluid, and soothing texture.

Submissions can range from 60 seconds to 2 minutes in length. Short intros to no intro at all and Non-faded endings with a natural decay/ring out are recommended. # D160912AM
Previous listing:
AMBIENT, SOMBER, ELECTRIC GUITAR INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a NON-Exclusive Music Library with a rapidly growing list of great placements. Give them Electric Guitar-based Instrumental Cues that are pretty sparse, simple, moody, and atmospheric, with a sad, melancholic, ethereal vibe. They’re pretty wide open about what they’re interested in hearing, but long, bell-like tones drenched in reverb are always a good place to start for requests like this.

Long loops with trailing repeats, cries, and maybe even scrapes and judicious use of distortion might do the trick. This one is all about creating a sad, melancholic atmosphere. Great guitar tones and simplicity will be your friends as you create textures and add dimension to your pieces. Non-Faded, ring-out endings are recommended. Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. #U160819AG
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Does Ambient Guitar listing = Ambient Melodic Listing?

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:20 pm

I noticed today while going over this listing, that the ambient melodic alas were VERY contemporary r&b/hip-hop or what is referred to as oVo style. Very "Drake/Rihanna/JeneAiko" like. I actually got excited haha as this is a specialty of mine. It's laced with awesome ambient textures as well and awesome vocal cuts.. I'd be happy to collab w u on this, Paulie, if you want...as i plan to do a few also.. I didnt hear the amb gtr alas, though to compare the 2 listings...i just noticed they were VERY oVo
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

Sunset
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Sunset » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Paul,

For the new listing, I hear more Electro/EDM with big (synthPOP) pads then ambient guitar, though you might be creative and use your prior track in this along with the elements they ask for.. but the references to my ear sound like they want more pads than guitar..

John

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Soundbed » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:47 pm

Paulie wrote: Current Listing:
AMBIENT, MELODIC INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a NON-Exclusive Music Library that’s always getting placements in a bunch of TV Shows, Film projects, and Movie Trailers. They’re looking for Down-To-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in feel, vibe, and production ballpark of the references below:

“Lungs” by Glocque
“Nobodies” by LAIRE
“3 am” by Glxy

Develop your tracks to create an ambient, atmospheric sonic landscape that could underscore a tense television scene. Your Cues should use huge, lush pads and airy, reverb-drenched percussion, with electro, bouncy melodies and counter-melodies that deliver a light, smooth, fluid, and soothing texture.

Submissions can range from 60 seconds to 2 minutes in length. Short intros to no intro at all and Non-faded endings with a natural decay/ring out are recommended. # D160912AM

Hi Paulie,

I cannot find this listing #D160912AM on the site -- did you?

There are still a couple hours to submit, but I can't find it on the site's listing page or the submission page.

There's another ambient cue that was emailed due tomorrow that I cannot find as well. Is this just a mistake because the person writing the listing pursued another opportunity? (Heard on Taxi TV tonight.)

Posted same question here then found your thread.

Hope you got yours in, if it was ever available... or maybe they will extend the deadline one day, because I have my queues ready!
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:58 am

Soundbed wrote:
Paulie wrote: Current Listing:

“Lungs” by Glocque
“Nobodies” by LAIRE
“3 am” by Glxy

Hi Paulie,

I cannot find this listing #D160912AM on the site -- did you?

There are still a couple hours to submit, but I can't find it on the site's listing page or the submission page.

There's another ambient cue that was emailed due tomorrow that I cannot find as well. Is this just a mistake because the person writing the listing pursued another opportunity? (Heard on Taxi TV tonight.)

Posted same question here then found your thread.

Hope you got yours in, if it was ever available... or maybe they will extend the deadline one day, because I have my queues ready!
Hey Nathan this listing is a dispatch listing...hence the reason it starts with a D. It cannot be found with the regular listings.
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Soundbed » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:37 pm

WeWillWriteUaSong wrote:
Hey Nathan this listing is a dispatch listing...hence the reason it starts with a D. It cannot be found with the regular listings.
Thanks! I am now (as of today) a member of Dispatch so I can see and submit to these in the future! (I got this listing emailed to me by mistake, apparently, but it's all good!)
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile