Inner Earth Rebirth @432Hz tuning ...for Percussion Listing!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cardell
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Inner Earth Rebirth @432Hz tuning ...for Percussion Listing!

Post by cardell » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:38 pm

I was working on a second track to submit to the 'Tibetan Meditation' listing, but I went a little overboard with the percussion.

Then this 'WORLD MUSIC PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES' listing appears!! Serendipity?

Would love to hear any thoughts before I submit please.

https://soundcloud.com/cardell/inner-ea ... 2hz-tuning

Stuart

Edit: I just realized, I better choose a less 'New Age' sounding title for this one. Maybe 'Prayer Wheel Heal'.

WORLD MUSIC PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES of All Types and in All Tempos are needed for $250 Buyouts by a really large media company’s In-House Music Library for placements in TV shows and online media. On top of the buyout fee, you will also keep 100% of the Writer’s share of the publishing and make applicable performance income.

This request is pretty wide-ranging and they’re looking for a lot of material to stock their catalog! Give them Cues that are either just Percussion, or that primarily feature Percussion. Some genres that come to mind are: Latin (of all types), Afro-Cuban, Middle Eastern, Celtic, Native American, Polynesian, African, Cajun, Indian, Asian, Caribbean, … the possibilities are pretty endless!

Give them indigenous Percussive music that you could hear anywhere on the planet, ranging from just one instrument, to an ensemble of instruments, to a melodic ensemble that primarily features percussion. Beating on logs could work. A shaker, tambourine, and a washboard could work. Hands on a Cajon with a simple drone underneath could work. Look at a map and let your imagination run wild. They’re looking for the textured rhythms of far away places and cultures that sound authentic and engaging. If somebody could shut their eyes, hear your Cue and say, “That sounds like somewhere in the Middle East (or wherever),” you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Note: Material that sounds obviously MIDI-driven and quantized isn’t a good idea for this pitch!

Stick with percussion from a single region and a central percussive theme throughout, rather than mixing up styles within the same piece. This pitch is percussion-focused, so even drum solos are acceptable and encouraged. Break out your best Buddy Rich! Additional instrumentation (if any) should be in stylistic alignment with your chosen genre as they play their supporting role.

TAXI Tip: Naming your Cue to include the region or culture it represents will make it easier for the company’s editors to choose it!

All submissions should be about 1:00 to 2:00 minutes in length, with good edit points and Non-Faded endings. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

This Exclusive In-House Library will pay an initial buyout fee of $250 for 100% of the Composition and Master rights. On top of the per track fee, you will also keep 100% of the Writer’s share of the publishing and make applicable performance income. This Library offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the music you submit for this pitch CANNOT be signed with any other publishers or catalogs. Please submit 1-3 Instrumentals Online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a yes/no basis and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Thursday, September 22nd, 2016. TAXI #Y160922WP
Cardell Music
Image Image
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

SteveBaruah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Inner Earth Rebirth @432Hz tuning ...for Percussion List

Post by SteveBaruah » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:06 am

Hi Stuart,

Well its definitely minimalist, but it could work.
Remember: TAXI Tip: Naming your Cue to include the region or culture it represents will make it easier for the company’s editors to choose it!

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mobster85 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:41 am

Nice. Definitely change the title.

cardell
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cardell » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks guys!

I've changed the title to "Buddha's Prayer Wheel" & submitted it.

Regards,
Stuart
Cardell Music
Image Image
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Sounds great! I'm submitting for this one, too, barring incident.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone