Gonna Try This One Again

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Piewackit1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Gonna Try This One Again

Post by Piewackit1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Pitched to this listing and got a return last time. Gonna try this one more time. Do you think we are close? Thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/piewackit-1/hey- ... ut-nothing

CONTEMPORARY, BLUES-inspired ALT ROCK SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Multi-Platinum Producer who is always working on projects with several artists or bands at any given time. We recently ran a similar opportunity for this Producer as TAXI Listing #Y160708AR, but he's still looking for more possibilities, so he asked us to run this Listing again. If you made a submission to listing # Y160708AR, please send different material this time. He's searching for edgy, Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that could be recorded by bands like (but not limited to):Band of Skulls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHycT3MTtu8Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn9C1vKd7GcThe Dead Weather: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98oMvKF-78YGive him songs with a gritty sound and style, ear-catching melodies, fresh lyrics, and a big, radio-friendly chorus. Your songs should be well-crafted from start to finish, with a strong vocal performance that will get the producer and artists' attention, and make them want to cut your song! This producer will listen to stripped-down demos if the song is great, but your recording quality (even for stripped-down demos) needs to be clean, clear, well balanced, and good enough to represent your song well. Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Friday, September 23rd, 2016. TAXI #S160923AR

Anders
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Gonna Try This One Again

Post by Anders » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:53 pm

I think it´s a fit, great track!
Perhaps you could make the part before the last chorus, a little more interesting/build up.
I really like the guitar feedback on the intro, maybe adding something like that at least, just a thought
Good luck!

/Anders

HowlingUlf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by HowlingUlf » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:08 am

Send it away, screener!!! 8-)
Having that said there is one thing: without checking anything I wouldn't call this song mid-to-uptempo which is what they asked for?
In my bubble this is slow.

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:10 am

Pat Benetarish??

I like the guitars! I like the melody, infectious! I like the singer!

What I didn't care for, is the way the last Hey Yo in the chorus dropped, except in the last chorus, liked that one.
The overly compressed vocal, the handclaps.
The lyrics, "Hey yo, don't care about nothing because I got what I need"?? Sort of like if in the song Satisfaction, if they were, "I can get some satisfaction"?
-strange clink?
-even belong to?

+++gritty sound and style, ear-catching melodies
--fresh lyrics, and a big, radio-friendly chorus
++well-crafted from start to finish, with a strong vocal performance
??CONTEMPORARY, BLUES-inspired ALT ROCK SONGS
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

Piewackit1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Piewackit1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:52 am

Great feedback from the Taxi peeps as usual. Thanks for all the suggestions and comments.

I was thinking about speeding the song up a bit for this pitch and I like the suggestions of making a bigger build up into the last chorus. Let me see what I can get done before the due date.

Thank again.

Jeff

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by johnlewitt » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Sonically it's very similar to 'Beat The Devil's Tattoo', so it's got that going for it. Also, to me, the tempo is similar so I think you meet the listing criteria. But if you want to Varispeed it a little quicker and raise the pitch, that can always add a nice touch.

You might want to tone down the vocal brightness.? A/B it against 'I Feel Love' and you'll see what I mean.

Are you going to the Rally this year?

John

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Reading through the listing and listening it sounds great to me Jeff.

Good luck,

Bob

Piewackit1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Piewackit1 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:03 am

Thanks Bob.