Investigative tension Cue Due tonight..Any ears Plz?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Investigative tension Cue Due tonight..Any ears Plz?

Post by mobster85 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:23 pm

Here is my take on this listing. i hope I am in the right vane. Let me know what u think. As always thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/bob-lograsso/inv ... ve-tension

INVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a prominent, NON-Exclusive Music Library that’s supplying music directly to a new show. Please listen to the references below to get an idea of the general wheelhouse of what they need:

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Defuse (CSI Miami Soundtrack) by Jeff Cardoni

Person of Interest (:39 to 1:47)

Process (CSI Miami Soundtrack) by Jeff Cardoni

The Mentalist

Pieces (CSI Miami Soundtrack) by Jeff Cardoni

Please submit well-crafted, current sounding Cues that would help support investigative scenes. Build your Cue around a simple, central melodic theme that’s engaging and tension inducing, and will sit easily behind a scene’s dialogue. Cues that have an ominous and unsettling tone, while still having enough subtle momentum to move a scene forward will work well. They’re not looking for anything that’s overly frantic, bombastic or bold. Legato string lines using distressing chords with hints of creepy tremolo strings or with futuristic tech elements added in should do the trick. The proper use of dynamics, combined with natural sounding string samples will work best for this pitch. Please avoid using dated, “synthy” or MIDI-driven sounding samples.

All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long with non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings that would work well when ending a scene. Watch the scenes from the referenced shows above to see what we mean! Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a guide for texture, tone, and the creepy, ominous feel. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal. You must own or control your master and copyright to submit to this pitch. Please submit 1-3 Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than NOON, 12:00pm (PDT), on Tuesday, September 20th, 2016. TAXI #D160920IT

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Investigative tension Cue Due tonight..Any ears Plz?

Post by mobster85 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:22 pm

Any opinions on this?

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:05 pm

I think it works!

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Onaginoffegin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:25 pm

You know, Bob, I've been with TAXI for almost three years. And I have to agree with a post Paul made when he said, "Central melodic motif is the bane of my existence."
Even after three years — and you'd think I could read a TAXI listing by now — a few days back I got a return saying the screener could not really hear a central melodic motif in my submission.
Your cue would work on any listing that doesn't require a central melodic motif, but for this listing, which requires one, I didn't hear one.

Henry

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:29 pm

I missed that! Would have to agree with Henry.

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mobster85 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:30 pm

I Guess we will find out. I Based it off of the Ala's. I have not had success at Tension cues so Im trying to get better.

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Onaginoffegin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:40 pm

You're right Bob, not all of the reference tracks had a melodic motif. I noticed that too.
But Paul had a great post that included a comment from TAXI head screener Andy that said the listing description supersedes the reference tracks.
FYI

Henry

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mobster85 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Thx Henry. I appreciate that. Oh Well i probably wasted 5 bucks but its my best Tension track so far. Honestly i never hear a lot of melody in tension tracks but i will keep learning. Thx for the help.

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Onaginoffegin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Hey Bob, this was a confusing listing for me too as regards the reference tracks.
I thought the CSI track was brilliant, the way it melded one sound into another. I listened to it a number of times just for inspiration.
But to my ears, it has no central melodic theme, as the listing required.
I also really liked the Defuse CSI Miami soundtrack, and listened to it a number of times as well.
But would it "sit easily behind a scene's dialogue?"
I'm not so sure.

Good luck with your submission.

Henry