And one MORE thing to watch out for in a TAXI listing

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

And one MORE thing to watch out for in a TAXI listing

Post by Onaginoffegin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:26 pm

So almost three years with TAXI, and as discussed in a previous post, I copy listings to a text file, I bold all the descriptives, I bold the cue length, I bold the due date, and if I see the three magic words "central melodic motif," I not only bold them, I make the font size three times larger than the rest of the listing.
I pretty much thought I had all the bases covered, until the listing below.
I missed being able to submit to this listing because, having grown accustomed to almost every listing deadlining just before midnight, I failed to notice the word NOON in all-caps.
Damn it Spock, I'm a musician, not a proofreader.

As an aside, the first reference track, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, is a very cool track. I've listened to it a number of times. But if it had been submitted for this listing, I'm betting it would have been returned with a screener comment, "Where is the simple, central melodic theme the listing asks for?"
Been there.

Henry

INVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a prominent, NON-Exclusive Music Library that’s supplying music directly to a new show. Please listen to the references below to get an idea of the general wheelhouse of what they need:

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Defuse (CSI Miami Soundtrack) by Jeff Cardoni

Person of Interest (:39 to 1:47)

Process (CSI Miami Soundtrack) by Jeff Cardoni

The Mentalist

Pieces (CSI Miami Soundtrack) by Jeff Cardoni

Please submit well-crafted, current sounding Cues that would help support investigative scenes. Build your Cue around a simple, central melodic theme that’s engaging and tension inducing, and will sit easily behind a scene’s dialogue. Cues that have an ominous and unsettling tone, while still having enough subtle momentum to move a scene forward will work well. They’re not looking for anything that’s overly frantic, bombastic or bold. Legato string lines using distressing chords with hints of creepy tremolo strings or with futuristic tech elements added in should do the trick. The proper use of dynamics, combined with natural sounding string samples will work best for this pitch. Please avoid using dated, “synthy” or MIDI-driven sounding samples.

All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long with non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings that would work well when ending a scene. Watch the scenes from the referenced shows above to see what we mean! Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a guide for texture, tone, and the creepy, ominous feel. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal. You must own or control your master and copyright to submit to this pitch. Please submit 1-3 Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than NOON, 12:00pm (PDT), on Tuesday, September 20th, 2016. TAXI #D160920IT

artturner
Impressive
Impressive

Re: And one MORE thing to watch out for in a TAXI listing

Post by artturner » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:51 pm

I only see it now because you pointed it out. Wow, I was wondering whether or not to try to put something together for this and the deadline had already passed. :o

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: And one MORE thing to watch out for in a TAXI listing

Post by Onaginoffegin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:20 am

Yeah in most cases TAXI is really good about reopening a listing after it has deadlined, but in this case I was told that the screener had already listened to and judged the submissions.

Henry