Fun Christmas return

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Fun Christmas return

Post by daveydad » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:52 am

Arrgh, thought I had this one but screener said it was "on the darker and definitely edgier side." Funky, bluesy, but dark? Hmm.... oh well.... ho ho ho!

https://soundcloud.com/davidhollandsworth/jingle-bellz

FUN, CONTEMPORARY COVERS of NON-RELIGIOUS, PUBLIC DOMAIN CHRISTMAS/HOLIDAY INSTRUMENTALS are needed quickly by a division of an A-List Music Library that’s new to running Listings with TAXI! They’re looking for a wide range of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Holiday Instrumentals that are FUN, cool and contemporary – not classic, warm and fuzzy, sitting around the fireplace renditions of what your Grandma might listen to! Please AVOID submitting the big, heart-warming Orchestral string, horn, sleigh bell stuff we’ve all heard a million times! Their primary focus is finding Instrumentals that would work well in the context of Commercial Advertising, most likely for use in Online Ads (that generally pay in the $200 - $1,500 range, which would be split with the company). Some of these could end up in bigger, mainstream broadcast or cable channel spots that pay much larger creative fees! Please submit Fun, Festive, Joyful, and Emotionally Uplifting Covers of Public Domain Christmas/Holiday Instrumentals that can range from simple arrangements (like a Ukulele, claps, and a celeste), up to bigger, more fully developed arrangements in genres like Hip Hop, EDM, Pop/Rock, Rock, Electronic, Indie Pop, Punk, or Indie Rock, etc. TAXI Tip: We know that one particular style that’s high on their wish list is sort of a bouncy Electronic style! Imagine what could work for a Target Holiday Ad featuring consumer electronics like phones or iPads, etc. You could even go for a cool “8-Bit Chip-Tune” style. Bright, bouncy synths and cool beats would work well! TAXI Tip 2: This Publisher needs a lot of these, so get busy!!!! Here are some examples of secular, Public Domain songs: Jingle Bells, Deck the Halls, Toyland, Twelve Days of Christmas, Up on the House Step, etc., etc. Please double check to make sure the piece(s) you’re going to submit are really in the Public Domain! All submissions should be at least 2:00 minutes long.

tammynone

Re: Fun Christmas return

Post by tammynone » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:36 pm

It sounds cheery enough to me. One reviewer told me I had a solid profile before I had even wrote anything in it so maybe some reviewers like having a few drinks while reviewing :lol: . Good job though, I like it.

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Fun Christmas return

Post by Onaginoffegin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:40 pm

I didn't hear dark and edgy, David. It's a pretty wild piece.

But what's bad is — how am I going to get that melody out of my head for the rest of the day? :?