We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

robroper
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Possible submission for MOODY SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS

Post by robroper » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Hello fellow Taxi members,

I was considering one for the listing. I think it matches the description, but I'm concerned that there's too much instrumentation and dynamics. The reference songs were more sparse. It's from my 2011 release "Misfit." Please let me know if you think I should submit as is, or record a more sparse version with just guitar and vocal.

Here's my song:
https://soundcloud.com/rob-roper/invisi ... ecordings
and here's the listing:

MOODY SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed for $3,000, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placements in a Horror/Thriller Feature Film with an A-List director and well-known cast. They’re looking for Down-To-Mid-Tempo Songs that illicit feeling of hopelessness and sorrow. Please listen to the references to get a general idea of what could work for this pitch:

“Have You Seen” by Sharon Van Etten

“Delicate” by Damien Rice

“Hypnos” by Chelsea Wolfe

“A Slow Parade” by A.A. Bondy

“Lilac Helm” by J. Tillman

Quoting the Music Supervisor: “Songs should evoke a solitary, moody, lonely, emotional, and intimate feeling. Anxiety provoking… feeling of being a loser, with a sparse, intimate arrangement would work best. Nothing large or overly dynamic needed for this. Solo performer or small group are both okay.”

Give this Supervisor well-crafted songs with emotionally engaging melodies, thought provoking lyrics, and a vocal performance that’s delivered in an intimate, sad, and emotionally compelling way. Instrumentation can be solely acoustic, or have a fuller band sound, but should be somewhat consistent with the references above.

Introspective lyric themes about lost love or could easily be interpreted to be about lost love (in a less direct way) will work really well for this pitch. Universal Lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, and profanity will probably work best, but we don’t think they’re absolutely necessary. Please do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

The estimated license fee for this use is $3,000. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Master and Composition rights, plus you’ll also get 100% of the sync fee and any applicable performance royalties. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI A&R person hand-picked by the film’s Music Supervisor. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 Songs online or per CD no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Monday, October 17th, 2016. TAXI #Y161017SS

Thanks for the feedback.

-Rob

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Possible submission for MOODY SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS

Post by eeoo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:39 pm

I think it's worth a fiver, might not be "indie" enough but it's a strong tune so I'd say go for it. Nice tune Rob!

EO

PJMack
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by PJMack » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:25 am

Hi Rob,
A really nice track, I also think its worth a shot.
To my ears, it doesn't seem too overly busy
Good Luck

Respect
Paul

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by johnlewitt » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:40 am

I hear what you are saying and understand your concern. But if you compared it to 'Delicate' , especially when the instrumentation picks up, it's fairly similar', so I say submit.

John

robroper
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by robroper » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:27 pm

Paul and John,

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and give feedback, I really appreciate it. I'll submit it and see what happens. And I'll look for your posts and try to return the favor.

Rob