Songwriting webinar on how to write catchy, memorable hooks

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jcapp88
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Songwriting webinar on how to write catchy, memorable hooks

Post by jcapp88 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:16 am

Hey everyone!
It's been a while since I posted in the forums. :D I thought you guys might be interested in this songwriting webinar on 10/22 – it’s about learning how to write catchy, memorable hooks. Details here if you want to check it out: http://bit.ly/2dudxvR

-Joe

melodymessiah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Songwriting webinar on how to write catchy, memorable ho

Post by melodymessiah » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:32 pm

...by the founder of holistic songwriting. HOLISTIC...? catchy and memorable????
i say choose where you put your time and money with care 8-)

NoizeeBhoy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by NoizeeBhoy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:28 pm

HUGE +1 to Melody Messiah above. I don't see how anyone without any chart success that speaks for itself can claim to teach others the unknown secrets of hook writing and charge for it at the same time.Maybe if it was Stargate or Dr Luke I'd say fair enough but it's not so I don't.....

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:51 pm

I don't anything about this person or this class. I agree that the teacher doesn't seem to have any significant credits other than writing books and teaching.

OTOH, $20-$24 is pretty inexpensive and if you learn even one trick that helps you make your hooks stronger, who knows? Maybe it will be worth it. I'm tempted to attend just to see what it's all about.

:-) Casey

NoizeeBhoy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by NoizeeBhoy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:28 am

I've come across a few of his other gimmicks like Holistic Songwriting and some other short courses. To be honest most of it is common sense and very little is new or even imaginative. In fact in one of his other products one of the key bits of wisdom he imparts is to drink 500 ml of water and to exercise in order to get the creative juices flowing. Hardly rocket science and hardly worth paying even $20 for. Same applies to the rule of 5 - ie for every hook needed try to write 5 and go with the best. This doesn't actually inform anyone how to write a memorable or catchy hook at all. Having been sceptical from the start the more I've engaged with these gimmicks the more it seems to be a way for someone who hasn't made any serious money from writing songs to actually make some money from songwriting...

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:03 am

Cool, you can learn from anything.
I googled the guy and found the youtube freebies https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLtD67 ... zNA/videos
Ceo of my own life