I have to say my piece on this one

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

I have to say my piece on this one

Post by ronnie35 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:05 pm

They’re on the hunt for peaceful, sweet Down-to-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues that can include solo instruments, small ensembles, full orchestras, harps, or any combination thereof. HERES THE FULL LISTING ANGELIC ORCHESTRAL STRING INSTRUMENTAL CUES are need by an industry giant that’s building its own Exclusive, In-House Music Library and will pay an initial buyout fee of $250 for 100% of the Composition and Master rights. They’re on the hunt for peaceful, sweet Down-to-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues that can include solo instruments, small ensembles, full orchestras, harps, or any combination thereof. Please listen to the references to get some ideas of the wide range of what could work for this request:

“Relaxing Harp Music”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEEZ5jB5pWk

“Healing And Relaxing Music for Meditation” by Pablo Arellano:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjFgeY5gaio

“Sound of an Angel”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguIpRFLM4M

Your “Angelic” Instrumentals should have a light, ethereal, otherworldly feel that falls within a range of emotions like; wistful, hopeful, peaceful, celestial, bewitching, etc., etc., etc. Please do not submit tracks that are dark, ominous, or scary – that’s the wrong kind of angel ;-) 

Cues with recurring melodic motifs and dynamic builds are encouraged, and please stick to one motif throughout your entire piece. In other words, don’t try to score an entire film, just one scene! Please avoid anything that’s too heavy, busy or bombastic. Any material that sounds stiff or “synthy” won’t work for this pitch. 

All submissions should be at least 2:00 minutes in length, with good edit points (when possible) and non-faded endings with natural decay/ring outs will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy or rip off the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). 

This new, Exclusive, In-House Library will pay an initial buyout fee of $250 for 100% of the Composition and Master rights. On top of the per track fee, you will also keep 100% of the Writer’s share of the publishing and make applicable performance income. This Library offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the music you submit for this pitch CANNOT be signed with any other publishers or catalogs. Please submit 1-3 Instrumental Cues Online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Monday, October 3rd, 2016. TAXI #S161003AO
Submit to this listing TAXI # S161003AO ITS AT HTTP://WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/777RD I am not concerned about the mix at this moment more concerned about the structure I repeat They’re on the hunt for peaceful, sweet Down-to-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues that can include solo instruments, small ensembles, full orchestras, harps, or any combination thereof. Did I miss something? Ron :?
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: I have to say my piece on this one

Post by Joseph » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:16 am

Did the screener give any insight? I thought your piece was a great fit for the listing.

-Joseph

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks Joseph. The screener said it wasn't Orchestral enough. Although when I listened to the reference material. It didn't seem to be the case
Anyway. Moving on are you going to the Rally I am passing this year to many bills

Thanks ,Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:18 pm

Which track was it at that link?

Can you post EVERYTHING the screener said (unless what you posted was all of it)

Best
:D Casey

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Joseph » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:44 am

Ron, I will be at the Rally. That's too bad you're not going.

-Joseph