5 out of 6 Futuristic Tension Forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

5 out of 6 Futuristic Tension Forwards

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:02 am

Wow, I submitted 6 tension pieces to this listing - all music I had that had already written. Four previous returns for not quite fitting the listing and two that had been forwarded and I'd never heard anything from again.

5 of the 6 were forwarded. The screener liked the sixth one but it sounded to similar to one of the references ( I don't disagree but when I wrote it I'd never even heard the reference track or seen the TV show it's from !! )

Good to get a bunch of forwards and 2 tracks scoring 10 out of 10 for everything..that never happens ! Fingers crossed for a deal to come from them.

They are on out Taxi page at http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?userid=63938

Do What You Will
Geeks Bearing Riffs ( not forwarded due to being too much like "Stranger Things" Theme )
Hitzream
Trezonator
Tripper
Waiting

Many FUTURISTIC, TENSION-based INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a really large media company for placements in several projects, including hit cable TV shows, other shows on their own network, and online media. This rapidly growing industry giant is building its own Exclusive, In-House Music Library and will pay an initial buyout fee of $250 for 100% of the Composition and Master rights. On top of the per track fee, you will also keep 100% of the Writer’s share of the publishing and make applicable performance income. Take a listen to the references they gave us to get an idea of the range of styles that could work for this pitch: “Stranger Things Main Theme” by Survive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHNlx0pPIU “Mr. Robot Main Theme” by Mac Quayle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfqlbHadp40 “Blindspot Theme” by Blake Neely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hDqHtVfSA TAXI Tip: There are several different kinds of Cues within the Tension genre. This company is NOT looking for the kind you’d hear in the Kardashians when Kim can’t figure out how to remove the cap from a milk container. They’re also NOT looking for game show Tension Cues like you’d hear on Family Feud, or the “waiting to get picked or sent home” Tension Cues like you’d hear on an elimination-style show like The Bachelor. This company needs the type of Tension Cues like you’d hear playing under a scene when somebody is trying to hack into a government database or when a docu-series reporter is heading into a sketchy, un-safe neighborhood to interview an underworld boss. Please send in Tension-inducing Cues ranging from sparse and minimal to driving and intense. Craft your Cue around a simple melodic theme that’s engaging and alluring, gradually adding elements as it progresses to create an epic build. Electronic, futuristic sounds will work best for this pitch, keeping in mind the mood and feel of contemporary television music, especially the kind you’d hear in dramas and some of the hipper, new docu-series shows you’d find on HBO or Fuse.

SteveC
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 5 out of 6 Futuristic Tension Forwards

Post by SteveC » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:31 am

Hi

congrats! That's a great start to any day! Nice tracks man.

cheers

st

Cwadroon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Cwadroon » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:43 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:Wow

Good to get a bunch of forwards and 2 tracks scoring 10 out of 10 for everything..that never happens ! Fingers crossed for a deal to come from them.
Wow is right! Congrats! Which two got the 10/10?

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Soundbed » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:47 am

Awesome, congrats! Listening now!
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:00 am

That's a home run!!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:10 am

Cwadroon wrote:
cosmicdolphin wrote:Wow

Wow is right! Congrats! Which two got the 10/10?
Thanks, its was " Do What You Will " ( also forwarded at the end of June for 'Ambient Soundscape on a Yes/No listing )

Nice work on this. The synth tones are awesome and the buzzing noise synth was very cool. I got the sense of being in an alien world where I was being watched. The lite motif was great as well with the perc. bell like synth. Great stuff!

And "Hitzream" ( Returned in April for a Tension Based Electronic / Orchestral Listing for being 'too energetic' and not menacing enough )

This is great! I love your work. This builds really nicely. You blended the orchestral elements in subtly while keeping the synth elements the focal point. Really tasteful.

Just goes to show that slight differences in Listing Requirements and Screener opinions can make a difference between all 10's and 'Returned'

Mark

jadams
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jadams » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Well done.

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sansharbour » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:44 am

Great work Mark

All sound very futuristic

Congrats
Don

tompatt
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by tompatt » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:01 am

High-Five :)
Well done.
Congrats Mark and good luck on these forwards!

Dwinkel

Post by Dwinkel » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:21 am

Way to Go! Very nice!
Dean Winkelmann

https://soundcloud.com/dean-winkelmann

"if you're not having fun...what's the point?" - Me