Collaboration on Listing U161017ES

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Collaboration on Listing U161017ES

Post by edmondredd » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:30 pm

So I just received the email with this job listing, and wanted to see if anyone is up for a collaboration on this one.
I've never wrote a song, and lyrics are not my forte. So if anyone would like to team up with me, I'd be more than glad, since my main genre is epic orchestral music. (click here to listen to the samples)
The bad thing is that deadline is on Monday, so this should be a quick turn around, but the good thing is, since I live in a different time zone, the track could be in progress while you guys sleep
PM if you're interested, I'd love to give collaboration a try!

and here's the listing detail in case you didn't get it:
EPIC, CONTEMPORARY SONGS with lyric themes about (Power, Overcoming Odds, Saving The World, etc.) and Male or Female Vocals are needed for a $25,000 placement by a Music Production Company that’s working directly with the Music Supervisor of a Big Budget Hollywood Feature Film. They’re looking for dynamic, Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that could be found on a playlist with bands like (but not limited to Imagine Dragons, The Chainsmokers, Young The Giant, Fall Out Boy, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the following references to get yourself in the general ballpark of what could work for this pitch:

“Warriors” by Imagine Dragons

“Don’t Let Me Down” by The Chainsmokers

“Something To Believe In” by Young The Giant

“Immortals” by Fall Out Boy

Please submit big, epic-sounding songs with a powerful, anthemic chorus. A compelling, current-sounding vocal performance that would work well in the context of a super hero-type film, combined with heroic lyric themes about power, overcoming or beating the odds, saving the world, etc., could help you nail this placement. What would you hear in a scene when super heroes head into an epic battle? Yep, that’s what they need! Universal lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, and places will make your songs more appealing, but they’re not absolutely necessary. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced acts or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, and vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

The estimated license fee for this is $25,000. They offer an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Monday, October 17th, 2016. TAXI #U161017ES
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

PENKSLYRICS
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Collaboration on Listing U161017ES

Post by PENKSLYRICS » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:37 am

Hey Edmond

Just read this and interested, although I doubt we'll have time to do it now.
I have lyrics that fit the theme they ask for, their titled Never Say Never.
You can see them on my website at http://www.penkslyrics.com
If you think you can do something in time, pm me and include email and I can send lyrics.

Cheers, Roger