The Rally - What I Said in 2010, Still true in 2016!

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

The Rally - What I Said in 2010, Still true in 2016!

Post by Casey H » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Hey all
One thing I wanted to mention – something obvious to many, not so much so to others...

TAXI members, especially newer ones, often have questions and concerns as they try to "figure it all out". Why aren't I getting forwards? What is broadcast quality? What's all this "a la" stuff? How can I get my music placed? What do A&R folks look for? How do I make my hook stronger? You mean I can get my music in film/TV? How do I go about getting demos? .... and so on... and so on...

The Rally is a place where just about every question imaginable can be answered in a few days. TAXI DOES provide a way (in addition to newsletters and this forum) to get every ounce of information you could possibly need. Nothing is kept as some deep & dark mystery. In fact, quite the opposite since the most successful members freely share their knowledge and experience all the time. This Rally had even more presentations from members themselves.

It angers me when I occasionally read complaints that TAXI wants to keep all this close to the vest to have reasons for returns and get more $5 submissions (which they don't make money on anyway). Nothing could be further from the truth.

I know travel expenses don't come easy especially during these tough times. It would never be for me to say how someone else should juggle their already stretched budget. If you want to make the most of your TAXI membership and career, attending at least one Rally is invaluable.

I just wanted to mention how much one can learn in a few days-- things that could turn the direction of a music career around in the blink of an eye. There really are no secrets.
:D Casey