Forwards !!

Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

liquidfusion

Forwards !!

Post by liquidfusion » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:58 am

Just got this in an email from Michael Laskow / Taxi - http://blog.taxi.com/forward/

Michael said it's sad Taxi members don't use this resource!! Great to hear about it!! Not easily available (checked sitemap) - unless you know about it.

Q: How can I listen to Forwarded songs - like to listen / compare what I do to the material chosen. Thank you.

Example : I'd like to hear the song "Heavy" and see what Anthony Corsi did. Good learning experience.
Searching for Artist / song name - no response on Google / Taxi

Forwards for TAXI #Y161115RB
CONTEMPORARY R&B BALLADS with Female Vocals are needed for a $13,000, Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music-Supervisor placement in a star-studded, Made-for-TV Movie.
“Heavy” – Anthony Corsi

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Forwards !!

Post by hummingbird » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:11 pm

Hiya LF - you can't listen to a forwarded track unless the artist/composer has placed it somewhere public. Best you can do is look here on the form to see if anyone posted that they received a forward for the listing you are curious about.

cheers
Hummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

liquidfusion

Post by liquidfusion » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi. Listened to the Gospel Examples offered by Taxi. I've been to Gospel funerals (best bands / singers in the World). Listened to examples of gospel keys. Now Taxi A&R says my gospel entry was not forwarded because it was too bluesy? A&R are covering their jobs playing safe. There is a difference between California and New York music. In NYC, we have Spirit, Soul, and Edge. I've stopped people in the street on Broadway, and played my song for complete strangers - and they are were thrilled!!! Who are these Taxi A&R people? Very hard to understand whey my entry was not forwarded. The Gospel is built on the blues!!! I am stunned. And the Singer is exceptional and super talented: a Berkeley School of Music grad. Taxi was very wrong here.

Seems Taxi A&R pride themselves in ignoring real talent that might sell whatever the Producer on the other end needs to push - unless it's packaged with groovy California flair and beats.

Peace & Love.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Hi - if you have a problem with your review, the best thing to do is post up the entire review, the listing, a link to the song, so we can hear it and help you figure it out. The bar is high, and sounds like you've got that covered, but the crucial thing, is being exactly on target for what the TAXI listing client wants. You can submit the best apple pie known to man, but if they are looking for apple pie with pecans on top, that's what they want, and that's what the screeners have to give them. If the producer in question was looking for Cali-groove, and the listing clearly said so, then that's what the screener is going to forward even if it's an undeniable gospel blues hit. It's not an exact science though, so post it up! I'd love to hear it!!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:12 pm

I agree, it is a bit of a pain. It would easier if a link to the track was included on the forward page. Maybe that will happen as part of the upcoming website overhaul.

liquidfusion wrote:Just got this in an email from Michael Laskow / Taxi - http://blog.taxi.com/forward/

Michael said it's sad Taxi members don't use this resource!! Great to hear about it!! Not easily available (checked sitemap) - unless you know about it.

Q: How can I listen to Forwarded songs - like to listen / compare what I do to the material chosen. Thank you.

Example : I'd like to hear the song "Heavy" and see what Anthony Corsi did. Good learning experience.
Searching for Artist / song name - no response on Google / Taxi

Forwards for TAXI #Y161115RB
CONTEMPORARY R&B BALLADS with Female Vocals are needed for a $13,000, Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music-Supervisor placement in a star-studded, Made-for-TV Movie.
“Heavy” – Anthony Corsi

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Lawrence wrote:I agree, it is a bit of a pain. It would easier if a link to the track was included on the forward page. Maybe that will happen as part of the upcoming website overhaul.
That won't work, unless a composer allows it. The music would have to be publicly available for streaming and TAXI would have to be able to provide a direct link to that file with the OK from the composer. But I can't see it happening. There's a couple of reasons why a composer might not wish to share their forwarded track on the internet in a public way, one of which is exclusivity. If you plan to sign that track to an exclusive deal having it broadcast on the internet could be an issue. Another is copyright, especially for songs.

JMHO :)