How Long it Takes Before a Deal -- Tell Your Stories Here!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

thotbott

Re: How Long it Takes Before a Deal -- Tell Your Stories Her

Post by thotbott » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:31 pm

glad to see here plenty of people on the long wait. have had some forwards, have a good few pending still and have fingers crossed every day :) i will say one thing about this though, my quality of music and speed in writing has increased dramatically since joining, which i think is worth the money alone (but would still like to see those cheques coming :D)

OstinDrais

Post by OstinDrais » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:59 pm

I have another data point to add to the "deals take as long as they take" kind of answer.
I submitted the track in mid-November 2014 and received the forward notification in early December. The library contacted me Tuesday of this week--8-1/2 months later--and I signed the paperwork today.

It's a long slog. Write, submit, write again, submit again, etc., etc.

My confidence just got a shot in the arm. I know I'll get another when the first placement happens.

Keep at it!
------------------------------
"If it sounds good, it IS good." - Duke Ellington

Ostin Drais
Music for Media
http://www.taxi.com/ostindrais

Daily Piano Improvs & More Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/ostind

BenjaminDerclaye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BenjaminDerclaye » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:27 pm

Good to see a post for this subject! Thanks Michael for putting it forward.

I joined approximately 8 months ago (including Dispatch) and submitted roughly 30 pieces of music. I took me 2 months (or 12 submissions) to get my first forward. I'm now at the stage of 8 forwards, 22 returned and 2 pending. I was so excited at first to see my first forwards. It gave me the feeling that I was doing something right, although there was still room for lots of improvement, there always is.

However, and no matter how much I love the services and medium that Taxi provides, I do have to say that my excitement, when getting a forward, has lowered dramatically. I've been working in the music and entertainment business full-time for over seven years now but for the first time I'm at a very low point emotionally and motivationally. I am very pleased to see and read all the TAXI success stories on here but unfortunately there's none for me so far.

I'm usually a very positive thinking person with a strong faith in hard work and perseverance, but for now "several holds with HBO = no cuts".
It ain't final until it's vinyl. It will be hard to justify the expense at the one year mark if this side of my business has cost me +-600$ and made me none whatsoever.

I sincerely hope I'll be proven wrong. Any feedback or motivational words are highly appreciated!
Thanks to all for posting their stories.

Cheers

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:52 pm

I joined Taxi in late August, 2015. This is my activity between then and now (1-10-2016)

Submissions: 83
Forwards: 14
Returns: 56
Pending: 13

Of those forwards, I was contacted by a library for two of the songs approximately two weeks after the forward. I haven't heard on any of the others yet. I went ahead and posted here because reading others' results was very encouraging to me. I hope this will inspire others to keep on keeping on.

Write, submit, repeat!
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Here's my data since re-joining in May 2015.

66 submissions
39 forwards
27 returns

Was hoping I'd have a few more deals signed by now but at least I got one with a library last week. Here's to an even better 2016!!

HenriettaAtkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by HenriettaAtkin » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:42 pm

I joined TAXI November 2015.

Submissions: 9
Returns: 5
Forward: 1
Library deals: 1

Signed to a U.K. library last week by submitting tracks created for TAXI through another venue. I credit TAXI for the high standards and encouragement from other composers. I wouldn't have set my standards so high without being part of this great group.

Very, very pleased with my results after two months. If you do your part, you can be sure TAXI will do its part!

Henrietta

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mobster85 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:38 pm

This is my 3rd year with Taxi and I just got my first library deal last year. It took about 3 weeks from the time I got the forward to the time I got the deal. I have submitted more this last year than i had the previous 2. i am excited about the future.

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:54 am

mobster85 wrote:This is my 3rd year with Taxi and I just got my first library deal last year. It took about 3 weeks from the time I got the forward to the time I got the deal. I have submitted more this last year than i had the previous 2. i am excited about the future.
As you should be! Every deal is another open door. We can thank Taxi for doing their part toward helping us get those doors opened. :)
Loren DiGiorgi
lorendigiorgi.com
YouTube
Instagram

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:56 am

HenriettaAtkin wrote:I joined TAXI November 2015.

Submissions: 9
Returns: 5
Forward: 1
Library deals: 1

Signed to a U.K. library last week by submitting tracks created for TAXI through another venue. I credit TAXI for the high standards and encouragement from other composers. I wouldn't have set my standards so high without being part of this great group.

Very, very pleased with my results after two months. If you do your part, you can be sure TAXI will do its part!

Henrietta
Congratulations on the deal! And you are right about the standards. When I listen to what I wrote before I joined Taxi, and compare it to what I'm doing now, I feel much better about this art we call music. I'm sure many others feel the same about what they produce.
Loren DiGiorgi
lorendigiorgi.com
YouTube
Instagram

admin
Site Admin

Re: How Long it Takes Before a Deal -- Tell Your Stories Here!

Post by admin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Any new updates for this thread? I've seen several people post about getting off to a slow start, and I know they are now becoming successful. Would love to hear those stories! Give us some updates!

thx,
Michael