Anyone using Garritan Personal Orchestra?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Anyone using Garritan Personal Orchestra?

Post by rnrmachine » Wed May 05, 2010 8:23 am

thesongcabinet wrote:It depends on what your use is, I think..

The VSL strings are pretty good in K4, and very good for pop/rock/electronica tracks with strings on, so based on the a/b'ing I've done, you need to go up for something very serious like EWQL Platinum, Cinematic Strings, L.A. scoring strings, VSL Appassionata strings or similar, to really beat'em IMO.

The bar is raised all the time with these libraries, so I don't think GPO4 measures up now, and will even less in 6 months. It's great for mock-ups and transciptions, though. So if you're in a position where others can replace your samples, GPO probably is fine.

I've had a hard time finding better strings than K4's, but I think the above cuts it. But K4 IS a class product IMO!
Thank you, you have given me more confidence in the K4 strings and such. I went back over some of my older stuff and I have made some decent tracks using the previous versions so I will just get deeper into K4 for now.

Rob
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.

jparker
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jparker » Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Just to add a little more info about the East West Strings: I submitted quite a few tracks using other libraries such as the strings from my Motif XS, the libraries in Reason, Native Instruments Kontakt, etc. and I had many returned with critiques saying I needed updated sounds. After I bought the East West libraries I started getting forwards and no more returns with problems in broadcast quality or needing updating sounds.

dynamicalan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dynamicalan » Sun May 24, 2015 10:32 am

I don't know what Garritan is doing now. This is now almost 10 years later if version 4 came out in 2006 as this post suggests.

Instant orchestra is there newer product but it seems the sounds are basically the same. However, I haven't heard them though.
Dynamic Alan Publishing, BMI