Co-writing on Skype: Does it work?

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Co-writing on Skype: Does it work?

Post by mojobone » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:03 pm

I usually only Skype from the waist up, but some of the rest of you might prefer to wear pants.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

Sunset
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Sunset » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:59 pm

one option you could also try (for non video collaboration- I've done it once) is Jam Kazam.. it allows people to meet in a virtual studio online and jam.. you just need a decent internet connection, and a decent audio interface to connect your instrument to the computer.. you have a "private studio" that you can collaborate..although they try to encourage you to join jam rooms by genre....

Other wise for video Skype,Face Time,etc works well..

my .02

John

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:14 pm

Skype can be audio only, doesn't have to be video. That's what I like to do so I don't have to put makeup on. ;)

I've been co-writing, many dozens of songs, for quite a few years now. Not once has it been in person, it's all been email, phone calls, occasional audio Skype sessions (even 3-way convos). My co-writers are from all over the USA (I'm in Philly) as well as Canada, Australia, Europe, and New Zealand.

Most of these co-writers are people I met through Taxi--- the forum, rallies, Facebook, etc. And I'd say 90% of my most successful songs (in terms of getting them into really good libraries) have been these co-writes.

:D Casey