Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

PeteMurphy
Active
Active

"This username exists"

Post by PeteMurphy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
I've been trying to fill out the 'artist info' page on my Taxi profile, but everytime I click on 'save my information and continue', it won't continue and I get a little red box show up under the username field that says "this username exists". I totally get that, but... I've tried all kinds of different things, but can't find a name that isn't taken... I'm talking about using weird spellings, numbers instead of certain letters, adding different combinations of numbers to the end of my name, putting numbers in the middle... but still I'm getting that red box.

I've had it happen in the past (for example, when starting up a yahoo email account) where a username that I've wanted has been taken, but after trying a few different things out I've managed to find something that works... but nothing I try seems to work here, and I would imagine that there are less taxi account than there are yahoo accounts.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if it's a glitch with the system, or if I'm going to have to get really obscure with my choices...

Big thanks!
Pete.

Dalton

Re: "This username exists"

Post by Dalton » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:59 am

I have had this same problem.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm

HI All,
On the TAXI hosting page, in the "Artist Info" section, please just leave the "Username" field blank. There is a coding issue that will error with "this username exists" regardless of what you enter. This is a known issue, and we're currently working on it. Sorry for any inconvenience.
You can email me at phil(at)taxi(dot)com if there are any further questions. I'll be glad to help out, no prob.
Best,
Phil

scotttroyer

Post by scotttroyer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:30 am

Any idea when this will be resolved?