Make an Industry Connection or Get a Deal at Rally 2012?

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

crazyhooks
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Make an Industry Connection or Get a Deal at Rally 2012?

Post by crazyhooks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Hey Ppl,

Whole lotta rally love ;)

Its My 1st rally , and 1st rally deal with a top tier music library cat
with such a great organized tracking/ pitching template, that being on his
Roster , you just know he hustles , that is a success alone .

As well I introduced myself to a top tier music library CEO I recently signed with,
when I mentioned my name , she called out all my song titles ?? , and let me
know what was causing a buzz.
With over 8000 titles in her library, I was very happy.

So a thanks to Michael , Phil, and Adam W and everyone .

Juan

pike
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pike » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:50 am

I waited in the Taxi RR registration line for a few hours on Thursday afternoon, but it was well worth it. By waiting in line, my choice of mentor was avaliable. When I met him, I instantly felt like I knew him because I watched him on Taxi TV (his identity was kept secret). He listened to my music and liked pretty much everything he heard. He sent me a contract a few days later. I will be composing for him going forward. :D

Thanks Michael and Taxi!

cherbear
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by cherbear » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:05 pm

eeoo wrote:Not exactly a new relationship but a great example of benefitting from Taxi relationships and just being present at the Rally. I wanted to say hi to a publisher that I'm signed with but he was too mobbed after his panel, it just didn't feel like a good time to force my way in just to say hello. Fast forward to about one in the morning, hanging out in the lobby having a uke/kazoo/slide whistle jam when Cher (who everyone knows and loves) pulls me aside to tell me that this same publisher would love it if I could send some more tunes that I sing falsetto on. Just so happens that I have a tune already that I didn't think would work for his catalog but since he requested falsetto I sent it to him anyway and sure enough he loves it and now I'm going to get busy on some more falsetto tracks.

I never would have sent him that track had Cher not tracked me down. At the Rally you just never know what might come about, or when or how. I do know that if I wasn't there...well, you get the picture.

Relationships, relationships, relationships.

This is a very generous community you've nurtured over these many years Michael and it seems to have taken on a life of its own. We're all very fortunate to be a part of it.

Thank you,

eo
Awww!, thanks, Ethan!! You would do the same thing, my friend!
And your falsetto is gorgeous. ;)
oxoxox Cher ;)