1st 16 submissions returned, then 7 forwards in 24 hours!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ChipD
Impressive
Impressive

1st 16 submissions returned, then 7 forwards in 24 hours!

Post by ChipD » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Talk about going from feeling like giving up to feeling like the most confident person on Earth! Wow!

I have only recently discovered this Forwards board and love to see what's getting forwarded so I am more than happy to share also!

Here are the listings and the names of my songs (all on my taxi profile - http://www.taxi.com/cdominick) that were forwarded...

My song, "Pump," was forwarded for this:

PRODUCER of a LONG-RUNNING, POPULAR REALITY TV SHOW needs UPBEAT, ENERGETIC, ROCK N' ROLL SONGS a la "Givin' the Dog a Bone" by AC/DC. The producer wants to be able to play off your lyrics, so be CREATIVE and CLEVER with your theme and content. QUOTING THE SOURCE: "Contemporary Rock sometimes tilts heavily towards 'angst-ridden' stuff. I need FUN stuff that has a HAPPIER vibe. So it doesn't really matter if it's old or new, as long as it works." MID-to-UPTEMPO SONGS only. Remember that this is for national TV so please don't submit songs that will invite beeps from the censors. Please avoid songs with lyrics mentioning specific brands or people's names. Vocal and instrumental performances should be fantastic! MALE or FEMALE vocals OK. As always, DO NOT rip-off or copy the referenced artist or their music in any way, shape or form. Use them ONLY as a guide for tempo, texture, and vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (excellent sounding home recordings are fine). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Tuesday, November 13, 2012. TAXI #S121113RK

=====

My songs, "Pump," "When The Drunkest Girls Wear The Shortest Skirts," and "Make You Famous" were forwarded for this:

STRIP-CLUB WORTHY ALT ROCK/MODERN ROCK SONGS in the style of Audioslave, Buckcherry, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc., needed by a WELL-ESTABLISHED Music licensing agent to pitch to a TV show on a Major Network that has many scenes that revolve around a strip-club. QUOTING THE SOURCE: "We specifically need masculine type rock songs reminiscent of the artists I referenced". Be sure your songs have a DIRTY CLUB vibe that will fit with a variety of strip club scenes. THINK: Cool Guitar Riffs, Driving Bass Lines, Groovin' Drums, and Strong Vocal Performances! Be sure your submissions sound like a REAL band: NOT a stale library track. IMPORTANT: This is an EXCLUSIVE opportunity with a 50/50 split, so please don't submit songs that are in another library! Broadcast quality needed (great sounding home recordings are OK). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Friday, November 16, 2012. TAXI #S121116AR

=====

My songs "Pump," "When The Drunkest Girls Wear The Shortest Skirts," and "The Sign of a New Generation" were forwarded for this:

GOOD-TIME PARTY ROCK SONGS in the style of "Paradise City" by Guns N' Roses, "Dr. Feelgood" by Mštley CrŸe, "Back in Black" by AC/DC, etc., needed by a Music Library supplying music to many cable networks. As always, DO NOT rip-off the referenced songs in any way, shape or form. Use them ONLY as a guide for texture, tone, and tempo. QUOTING THE SOURCE: "I'm not looking for girly hair metal type rock. Keep it gritty and rocking!" Songs do NOT have to be recorded in the era of the referenced bands, but should have a strong influence. Lyric themes may vary, but must be UNIVERSAL. Male or Female vocals OK. Vocal and Instrumental presentation must be top-notch. Broadcast Quality is needed (excellent sounding home recordings are fine). You must own 100% of your master and composition. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than Friday, November 16, 2012. TAXI #Y121116RK

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 1st 16 submissions returned, then 7 forwards in 24 hours!

Post by Cruciform » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:32 am

Hi Chip,

First...Way to break the drought!!! Congrats and good luck.

At first glance, I thought you have the Alexi Laiho look going on but reading your commentary, yeh, LA Guns, Motley Crue....you have that vibe. Off to listen to some tunes now.

Pump - so hair metal. Fantastic! :mrgreen:

Drunkest girls - where's the party?! :lol:

I hope you hear because that's classic. I wonder, you do that style so authentically...were all your returns in genres that you're not so comfortable with? Once one has the quality there, getting the pitches on target is the hardest part of submitting through Taxi.

sguiles
Impressive
Impressive

Post by sguiles » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:13 am

I just flashed back to 1987. :)
Good job!!

Congratulations on all of the forwards. Sounds like you nailed it! :)
Steven Wesley Guiles | FB | Taxi | Tweety | NewCoolNow |

"You can't wait for inspiration.
You have to go after it with a club."
— Jack London

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:19 am

7 forwards in 24 hours! Wow!! Can I dope a pint of your blood? ;)

CONGRATS!!!

:D Casey

swhit
Impressive
Impressive

Post by swhit » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:41 am

Nice job on all of those tracks!
Love the Vince Neil style vocals!!

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:44 am

Jumpin Jellybeans!

Congrats Chip!

Mick.
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

pedrocosta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by pedrocosta » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:55 am

That's outstanding Chip!
Congratulations :)
Pedro Costa
Image Image Image

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:23 am

This is great, Chip! Loved listening to your tunes. Couldn't help but envision Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx at the front of a stage while listening to these. You've definitely nailed that glam-rock style of sound (which, by the way, is the music that I grew up on, and which still holds a special place in my heart... Crue, Poison, GnR, Skid Row, etc). Thanks for sharing the music, and HUGE congrats to you on the news. SEVEN FORWARDS in one day is so phenomenal that even some of the seasoned Taxi pros here would be envious! Keep sharing the good news on the forums.

~~Matt

ChipD
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ChipD » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 am

Rob, Steven, Casey, Steve, Mick, Pedro, and Matthew: Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement! As a newbie, it really means a lot to me!

Rob, regarding genres, my portfolio of songs crosses many genres. However, at this point, I seem to have the highest quantity of good recordings of good performances in the genre that these three listings were shooting for. Regardless of what Taxi says, I think that recording quality matters tremendously.

Of those 16 returns though, I will admit that some were just "eh, it's close enough to submit and see what happens." I've definitely learned that the chance of a forward is pretty small in such situations. There doesn't seem to be a such thing as "close enough." It is either a perfect match or its not.

I hope that, in the near future, I will have a variety of high quality recordings of my stuff in other genres so that I can see how well that stuff pleases the screeners!

Thanks again, guys! I hope to be chatting more with you guys often!

OpheliaCorpMn

Merry Christmas

Post by OpheliaCorpMn » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:02 am

Merry Christmas is the fourth studio album and first Christmas album by American singer Mariah Carey. Released by Columbia Records on November
Как в кратчайшие сроки заработать на квартиру,
Как быстро заработать в интернете на машину Проверенный способ заработать в интернете