Lazyknife
Impressive
Impressive

Aerosmith/Led Zeppelin/AC-DC listing

Post by Lazyknife » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:45 am

Hi

https://soundcloud.com/lazyknife/arrow-rock

Will this one work for this listing?

CLASSIC ROCK INSTRUMENTALS in the style of AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, etc., are needed by a Sports Training Company. Be sure your INSTRUMENTALS are DRIVING and feel UPBEAT, without stops, breaks or variation in tempo. Please avoid long intros. QUOTING THE SOURCE: "Songs MUST be played to a click and MUST be in 4/4 time, with a tempo range between 60 Ð 160 BPM." Please submit ORIGINAL INSTRUMENTALS with BUTTON ENDINGS - NO fadeouts, and NO 3rd party samples of other artists' songs. All submissions need to be Broadcast Quality (excellent home recordings are fine). MID-to-UPTEMPO ONLY. The compensation for usage of your music is 15 Cents per download, and your profile/link will be displayed on their website. You must own or control 100% of both the master and composition rights to submit to this listing. Please submit one to three INSTRUMENTALS online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO FULL CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than Tuesday, March 12, 2013. TAXI #Y130312RI

Thank you!

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Aerosmith/Led Zeppelin/AC-DC listing

Post by CHuckmott » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 am

Possibly. Not getting a strong sense of the referenced artists, in other words if it comes back as a return that might be way. Good song, well recorded. I'm in for this one too. I have a sense taxi is going to get pounded with submissions for this.

coolhouse912
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by coolhouse912 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Martin,

I like this one a lot. Like Chuck, I'm not certain it hits the target bands referenced. The B section at .30 sounds more like Skynnyrd to me. I think it meets the parameters outlined in the listing. I don't know how spot on they want the style to be. I worry that my submission for this one may be too generic.
Anyway, good luck,
Mike
Michael Jones
ImageImage

playagibson
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by playagibson » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Personally I think the emphasis is on strong driving rhythms.
The listing is for a sports highlight.
The question is can you picture this piece of music
as background for a sports highlight.
It may not be aggressive enough.
I hope I'm wrong.
It's a solid performance .

Glenderrr

Post by Glenderrr » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:18 pm

It sounds to me like they want to find an undiscoverd "Slash" lurking in the back ground. You have a nice sound but you'll need to multiply the attitude x 3 to keep them listening past 10 seconds. It's not to say you can't do it with this melody line, you just need to crank the amp up to a 11 and that should do it.

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:24 pm

playagibson wrote:Personally I think the emphasis is on strong driving rhythms.
The listing is for a sports highlight.
The question is can you picture this piece of music
as background for a sports highlight.
It may not be aggressive enough.
I hope I'm wrong.
It's a solid performance .
it would be interesting to know what this listing is really bout. I read it as a download of these tunes used in conjunction with a training regime - like listening to certain tempo specific tunes on an iPod or iPhone while doing an exercise routine. This company has listed many times on Taxi (pretty sure its the same one, guessing here) looking for many kinds of music.

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CHuckmott » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:11 pm

I had exercise/workout in mind when I put mine together, read it the same way in other words. This seems like one you may have had in the hopper and you are asking if it fits.

Lazyknife
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Lazyknife » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 am

Thanks guys!

I read "Driven" like they need music to get people moving to a certain pace. I wrote this one for a Aerosmith listing. Got a return then because of the recording quality. The lead guitar was also added because it sounded like a song bed which wasn't cool. Re-recorded it and thought this might be that other opportunity.

There seems to be some doubt wether or not this is on target. To find out I think I will just go for it and see what happens. Unfortunately it's a Yes/No listing... They'll probably be busy enough with this one. There's always the forward section!

Good luck every one!

PeterD
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Location: Formerly Somerset/Swansea, MA ... Currently, San Jose, CA

Post by PeterD » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 am

Martin,

Nice!! I like it from the mid point till the end. Something about the drums in the beginning isn't convincing. I think it needs some different drum patterns, some snare dynamic (maybe ghost notes?) and more than one (quieter) crash cymbal sample. There's also a slight timing issue in the beginning (something's dragging behind, but sort of resolves itself later). Other than that, I think the riff is interesting and very Aerosmith. It's got GREAT potential.

Hope it's a forward!!!

Pete
If I log off, I may never be able to get back on ;)

Peter D'Angelo

http://www.taxi.com/peterd
https://soundcloud.com/moanakeiki

Lazyknife
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Lazyknife » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:55 am

Hey Pete,

Thanks man! Very helpful!

I changed the drum mix and did a little editing on it. I think I fixed the timing issue, well I fixed a timing issue and hope it's the one you heared :).

https://soundcloud.com/lazyknife/arrow-rock-1 This is the new one.

Anything else I could improve?