Got 2 forwards and some great feedback from Listener #287

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

benniknop
Active
Active

Got 2 forwards and some great feedback from Listener #287

Post by benniknop » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:46 am

Thanks #287 for getting back to me on my two dubstep submissions. Just listening over them and thinking of how I could apply the changes you suggested in the future. Appreciate your time, thanks for the forward and for the really high numerical score.

For those interested I'll post the feedback. Might help you guys as well.
Time For Some Crazy:
There's something pretty indie rock about the intro here, which is really cool and lends the track a fresh sound. Going harder and heavier into the dubstep elements earlier in the track could give it a more definitively dubstep sound, though the track works pretty well as it is. Lots of energy here, which is terrific.

The Robot Concerto:
This track has a lot of movement and dynamic change, which is great. You might consider using a wider variety of abstracted organic instrumentation to supplement the primary melody element, as that might lend a more cutting edge sound to the track. Reversing a guitar and using that under or in place of the synth at some point might be worth exploring.

OVERALL FEEDBACK:
Thank you for sharing these tracks with me, Benjamin. They're both quite well done.

For future tracks in this style, you might consider playing more with trip hop and drum n bass elements as a means of lending texture and depth to your work without distracting from the dubstep elements and unique beats. You might also explore using more dubstep elements in place of dance and house elements.

Good luck with these forwards!